Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Skitzocrayon
Fire Beetle

Default Possible playing of old toon on eqemu

I had to stop playing Everquest, a game i started in 2001, because i started college and can no longer keep up with the month to month fees. Is there anyway i can get a copy of my toon on the eqemu server? I do have a copy of her on magelo. Is it possible to use that editor to make a clone on your server? or is it just possible only on a self-made server?

Or does this question fall into the copyright category? would the question of player ownership of a character come into issue.

thank you in advance.

Last edited by Skitzocrayon; 12-03-2006 at 02:28 PM..
Old 12-03-2006, 06:33 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Best bet there is to simply start up a server yourself and create the charcater and modify their stats/ equipment to what you had before. I currently do this for my server, as its filled with friends IRL who 'most of them' played on live at some point in time.

It might take you a few minutes to do the first one, but after you get used to the commands, it is a simple process. Check the wikki out for information about what you will need to use to make the changes.

And good luck on the server. You are in YOUR world now..
Old 12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Skitzocrayon
Fire Beetle

couldnt get mysql to work for me..kept getting error 2003 and some kind of localhost error in cmd. followed the steps...spent half the day trying to figure it out.

Oh hey...i have a lvl 70 pally with 600 aas (1.5'd), lvl 70 cleric w/ 300 aas (1.0'd), and a lvl 68 shammy on CT...are there any personal servers that are in need of those and able to do the clone thing or create a toon from magelo? I'd be more then happy and glad to help out.

Thanks in advance.