Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Default Quest problem

I'm trying to put this quest onto the npc Te`Anara in Surefall Glade. I named the file 3035.pl (her ID number, won't let me do it by name for some reason).

In the file it has

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{99219} == 1){quest::say("You...You were sent by Hierophant Trilawyth? Yes...it was going to [happen] someday...Very well.");
}

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /What will happen/i){quest::say("The creation of the Staff of course. There aren't many left in this world that know the details of creating it. There is one person that I know of, Oartok the Truehearted, but unfortunately he left this world a long time ago. There are rumors, however, that his remains have been trapped within a beast gone mad. Seek out Oartok the Deranged in the place where time does not exist. If he is slain then maybe...just maybe...Oartok's soul will be freed.");
}

Can't find out why she won't respond to the item turn in or the text prompt. ANyone able to help me out here?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Just an option, but you should use the check_handins.pl plugin to check for handin success or failure.

Example:
Code:
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13128 => 1)) {
...do stuff...
}
Always end your EVENT_ITEM with:
Code:
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
and you won't lose items should something go wrong. You can do it the way you wrote it, too... but I think you might have a syntax problem around the $itemcount{###} <-- curlies instead of parens? Been a while since I've done it that way, can't remember if that's right.

Also, it is advisable in your EVENT_SAY to only check for exactly what you [bracket] in the previous text... while we're all used to having proper english conversations with our NPCs, it's likely they only cared about their [bracketed] word only.

Last edited by John Adams; 08-05-2007 at 02:41 AM..