Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Docs
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84 View Post
Well, its fair if your certain people. But most people wont feel happy paying $600+ or something they do not have in thier home and are able to use. I did financing on the systems that I sold. My repayments were simple, and if no one paid, I went and repo'ed the system. I found it alot better for the customer to have the system in thier hands, then to not, when they are paying on it. Imagine if a car dealer told you what you just said.

My financing, was more or less, out of pocket. I put trust in people by how they feeled. I didnt go by a credit score, I went by a person score. People were alot happier, and a happy customer is a returning customer, and a refering customer. The difference between my financing, and the financing of the bank corpations that put out things like Dell Financial Services is that i have no fine print. I have no APR. I can state the ins and outs of my fiancing off the top of my head.

Banks have WAY TOO MANY details to make money. But hey, thats how they get richer.
Sorry a little late responding, been really busy.

I call it Layaway to own, what you can afford down, and pay us at least once a month for 1 year max. No markup, no extra fees. It stays with me till you pay it off. You have you receipts etc.. However i do keep it to 4 max to protect myself.

And your correct not everyone can help every situation out.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:13 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Well, it makes sense to cover ones self in situations. Everyone has their preferences. I have only done it one way myself. I let people pay a certain amount up front (two months to be exact.) Most customers shot for a one year repayment plan which is highly affordable in most cases. Some people was sooner, one customer took 17 months to get his paid off. The reason I made them pay two months in advance was

1. If they missed a month, that was paid.
2. The second months payment is used as a holding/restocking fee.

Most people enjoyed the way it worked cause they had 30 days from due date before I took the comp back. Had several people that kinda constantly floated in 1-30 day late status, but only a couple got thier computers taken back. I didnt charge late-fees so people were also excited about that. The two people that lost thier computers, of course forfeited what they already paid in, and those two computers were turned around and re-sold. Used of course, and I took about I think a 100 lost on one and only a $60 loss on the other. Out of all the money I made, to only loose 160 bucks was pretty nice. It worked out, as I worked with people to make it work out.

But to each's own ya know. Some people are not as trust-worthy as I am. I have been burned several times in Life, and most think what I did was stupid, but the key thing is to just have a little faith in people.