Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-31-2002, 11:29 AM
Amix
Fire Beetle

Default Armor Textures

First off I want to say great job. Both this emu and the admin tool are great. I have enjoyed adding the epics weapon graphics to items.

Now my problem. I can easily add weapons and get the correct graphic but armor is a whole different story. From what I have gathered the "Magic Flag" and the "Material" determine the graphic. No matter what I do I do not get the correct graphic, I have even recreated the settings of existing robes and instead of a robe I get a silver chain or white leather tunic. Here is my general settings:

Visual Type: 63 Armor
Flag: 315Fh - Normal Item
Item Type: 10 Armor

I have used incremental changes to:

Magic Flag: 0 - 16 tested
Material: 0+ tested

And yes after each change I do reboot the server and rerun world.exe to reload the new settings then resummon the item. No matter what I do I can't seem to change the graphics. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I was trying to make a robe with the graphic of vulak's robe but gave up and just tried to make a robe hehe. Anyone have a quick tutorial in the basics of Armor Textures and maybe even a list of their magic flags/materials? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:58 PM
uncorporate
Fire Beetle

Just a reminder before I actually look at the materials and stuff... Some races don't HAVE the material that you want to show up on that model. For instance, iksars don't have plate material and trolls don't have robe material (I think). When a race you're using doesn't support that material, it shows up as something that race does support. Have you ever seen when an enchanter illusions as a half-elf? The robe they are wearing shows up as a shirt.
I'd use a human to test it since they seem to support the most materials, though I may be wrong. Hope this helps.
-uncorporate
Old 01-31-2002, 05:16 PM
Amix
Fire Beetle

Yeah I know that non-int caster races do not have robe grahpics and such, I tested this on a Gnome Wizard
Old 02-02-2002, 07:50 PM
madborg
Banned

Default robes are easy to get on npcs

textures 10-18 will get you robes and 1-3 will get you leather, chain, and plate. But I guess what you are trying to do is create you new material right?