Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:25 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Default A few server admin questions: Command/control, disciplines, mob mitigation, chat filt

Hey guys, been a while since ive posted here... The server setup and guides has improved drastically since i was last here, so kudos to all you guys for such an awesome job on that!!!

I am running a new server and most things seem to work properly but i do have some questions that I cant really seem to find anywhere...

1) How can i set the new permissions for custom gm levels? For instance I want to move the summonitem from being accessable at for most and move it higher up the ladder. This used to be in an .ini file i believe, but has since been moved... I couldnt find it :(

2) Disciplines: I cant seem to make them work. Short of making hotkeys that cast the discipline spells i cant seem to get them to be memorized or used at all. Ive tried: summoning the tomes and handing them into the GMs, summoning the tomes and reading them, using /scribespell (id) [coincidently they show as being 'learned'], and even just using the old commands '/disc (discname)'. For some reason no matter what i do, they never show up in the discipline window, and you can never make them go there...

3) Mob mitigation: Is there a specific way to create mob mitigation based on a certain attribute? For instance, there is a mob for a 2.0 fight which has a hefty melee mitigation, is there a field that allows you to choose mitigation based on attack type (melee, range, spell, etc?)

4) Chat filters: For some reason(i dont know if this is a client thing or what), I cannot move certain types of text to other chat windows without also moving stuff i dont want. One specific thing is melee criticals, for some reason they only change when you move the 'other' text, even though there is a melee>criticals section(which they dont respond to)...

Again thanks everyone for the hard work. Im glad everything works so well and things are going so great. Im running the PEQ DB EQEmu ver 0.7.0-992 and I installed using this guide(awesome i didnt have to paste together 8 different guides to get it working )
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ws992mysql5
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 AM
AndMetal
Developer

1) It looks like this used be stored in the addon.ini file (see GMCommands. Now it is stored in the "commands" table in the DB. The "access" column is the minimum account status to be able to use a command.

2) Not sure about disciplines, haven't tested them myself. To be honest, I'm not even sure if they're fully implemented.

3) I don't think there's a setting like you're referring to, but you should be able to adjust a mob's AC, resists, etc to properly tune an encounter the you feel it should be. However, I get the feeling that might not be exactly what you're looking for. But I'm sure that once PEQ or Angelox's database gets to that point, we might see some changes specific to that.

4) It sounds like it could be related to how the server sends the critical messages to the client. It sounds like it would be worth it to sort through the source code to find out how it is sent to the client. For example, it might be sent as an "echo" to the client, instead of an actual "critical".

Hope this helps, or at least points you in some of the right directions.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 01-04-2008, 05:02 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Thanks for the responses, ill jump on the commands table in the DB, thanks

I did find that adjusting the mobs AC to 32k put it at what seemed 50% melee mitigation... So i guess it will have to do until theres a better way... heh

Ill look more into the discs and the crit stuff see if icant pinpoint whats going on...