Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:00 PM
bazz701
Fire Beetle

One other thing I might add,

the cmd Prompt window that displays "sleeping" displays a "0:sleeping" not 7005 sleeping as the guide says... might this be part of the issue?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:01 PM
trevius
Developer

The 0 just means that you have no clients connected. When you get a person logged in, that will show the zone name and number of players in that zone. Each time another person loads in, it will change to the zone they are loading into and the total number of chars in that zone.

Are you able to connect to any other server and get past the char select screen? I would try that first to confirm that your Titanium install is working properly and that you don't have a dual core CPU issue causing your problem.

The only problem I can see is that your spell rules aren't being recognized, which either means your eqemu code is corrupted somehow, or if you compiled the source yourself, it had errors and didn't completely properly maybe.

Some things that I would try 1 at a time to see what happens:

1. Make sure you can connect to another server and get all of the way into it without problems.
2. Download the win32 1108 code of the emu again and install it overwriting all of your files accept for your config file.
3. Download the PEQ DB and follow the directions in the wiki to setup your db to use PEQ. You can still keep your AX_Classic db there so that you can easily switch back just by editing your config file. Test and see if the PEQ db works for you.
4. Post your config file again without the password information.
5. Check ALL log files in your eqemu/logs directory and post any here that look important or show errors.
6. Check which version of perl and mysql you are running and post them here. I believe there are issues with some of the newest versions.
7. Post the Operating System you are running and any other system information you might think is important.

That should be enough to keep you busy for a while. Let us know what happens.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:39 PM
bazz701
Fire Beetle

Ok, so now comes the outcome to the steps... tho I only made it to setp 3 when I got a server running and I could create and play on.

It seems that all my coding and sourcing were correct, but something didnt fit right with angelox DB on my computer.

So, I guess for now, I will be remaining with PEQ, tho I am curious if I can disable the PoK books for the time being... I want to make my server as close to old school EQ as I can, I.e. Pre PoP, so that the porting by means of wizard and druid become more meaningful.

Thanks for all the time everyone has put into to helping me.

Also, by no means am I saying that Angelox DB is bugged or errored, but I just couldnt get it to work on my machine, through some form of error on my own.

Trev, thanks, I now have a server up and running and have something to delve hours and hours into, for the programming aspect, as well as creation of my own quests and an entire DB once I get the hang of the setup as of current.

and everyone else, thanks for the help!!!!!!

(PEQ DB running smooth as of now, King's Bastion 2, will be experimenting with all kinds of changes as I understand what I can do)
Old 05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
trevius
Developer

I highly recommend checking out GeorgeS' tools from his section of the forums. You can find the link to his website with all of the downloads in his signature in his posts. Make sure you download and install his ODBC drivers from the bottom part of his website. Also, make sure you run the register_ocx.bat file in the resource folder of his tools.

His tools will let you quickly jump into world building and customize as you slowly learn more info about the rest of the Emu customizing process. Also, you will definitely want a copy of Navicat Lite to make your direct database changes quick and simple.

That info should get you off to a good start.