Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default FM Bind item

Does anyone remember this? there was an item that dropped in FM, you could bind your non-caster/binder type, anywhere with it. I was wanting to look at this item, forgot who dropped it and its name - I just remember it was FM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
paaco
Discordant

I don't remember there being an item dropped that let you bind yourself at all. I do remember though that you could be bound there at the ruins. There was even an NPC there that would remind you that you could be bound if I remember correctly.

I could be wrong though been a while since I did FM....how I miss those days :(
Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM
AndMetal
Developer

According to Lucy, these are the only items that currently have Bind Affinity on them:
According to EQAtlas, it looks like it used to be dropped by Chief RokGus in Droga pre-2001:
Quote:
Ledge Room with Chief RukGus who drops RukGus's Sticker (Common), Locket of Escape (Uncommon), Idol of the Thorned (Rare), and Essence of Dol (Rare), also in area are Stitcher who drops Pattern for Grakka's Tail, Bodyguard who drops Whip of Strangulation (Common), Circlet of Shadows (Rare), and Gauntlets of Potence (Very Rare), and Maddened Burynai who drops Burynai Legion Gi (Rare)
On a somewhat related note, I found a list of zones where Bind can be cast (including areas where it is limited to a specific part of the zone).

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
paaco
Discordant

I don't remember that thing at all Andmetal, and I played since a couple weeks after release...good find hehe
Old 09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Good stuff! especially the bind zone info ( I have EQ Atlas in my bookmarks for years, never saw that!).
I still think there was an item in FM, but maybe I had bad info too. I remember at the time, I wanted it badly. I think it only had a few charges on it too.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Well, Droga is right off of FM (some slightly higher lvl gobbo's guarding the entrance), so that could be it. Not only that, but Allakhazam actually lists it as dropping in Frontier Mountains.

I remember camping for the Circlet of Shadows (post-nerf) & Essence of Dol (for my monk), but I think that was sometime in 2002 or 2003, so I never saw it drop myself.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMetal View Post
Well, Droga is right off of FM (some slightly higher lvl gobbo's guarding the entrance), so that could be it. Not only that, but Allakhazam actually lists it as dropping in Frontier Mountains.

I remember camping for the Circlet of Shadows (post-nerf) & Essence of Dol (for my monk), but I think that was sometime in 2002 or 2003, so I never saw it drop myself.
Yea, that's probably the one - It said 'escape' so that threw me off ( thought was an evac type)
Old 09-14-2008, 03:32 AM
steve
Discordant

I still have one of those Locket of Escape's on a mule... it's not worth much now though with instant travel. Was great for binding outside of PoM, pre-revamp and easy access via greatdivide.

Had about 6 of them from camping the Chief back in the day. Sold for a ton
Old 09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Flare83
Sarnak

How i miss the old PoM , my monk was bound there until they moved all the bind ponts to GD =(