Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Runspeed on NPCs broke?

I was going to try and figure out what a good runspeed for the dragorns in Omens would be, but all I found was what appeared to be broken runspeed.
Dragorns in Omens should be able to run you down if your not on SoW..
I tried changing settings in npc_types and thought maybe the walkspeed in in zone, but neither showed any change at all.
the only way I could get them to out run me, if is I sowed them.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

you saying that Speed seting in npc_types doesn't work?
That would be bad...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Seems like they all just run one general run speed (unless sowed), if you could test and see ( could be me).
I tested repop and restarting server, set runspeeds from 1.0 all the way to 8.0 , and saw no change. Thes was with Omens Dragorns.
Code:
UPDATE npc_types SET runspeed=3 WHERE race=413;
changes all Dragorns
Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

you know what, not that long ago I was messing with PoTime summoning bunch of gods and making them fight each other...

You know what happens when you increase mob model size wihout giving it bigger run speed? Since models very big they look like then moving their feet wihout actualy moving - cuase their speed is to slow for their size to match the animation.

This what was happening to the gods. I did not payed attention at the time though, but this could cuase of the problem you reporting
Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Yepp, I seen that even with the Dragorns, they are bigger than 'normal' and do that also.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I got a few hacks in mind, but I like Derisions fixes better, so I'll wait another 30 mins ( he fixed the merchant_list temp problem in about five mins)
Old 09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Dis-regard this thread, it works OK, I was just testing in one database and updating in another
1.9 seems to be a good runspeed for the Dragorns in Omens, you can still sow and out run them