Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Racerx719
Fire Beetle

Default Buff Bot Implimentation

Hey guys I did some searching around the forums and found some helpful information about how to write the script up for a buff bot. And I am fully aware to save it as a.pl file... I am having a tough time to actually get it working in game. Below is a copy of the .PL file.. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at it and see if there is any errors on my part... Also I don't mean to sound completely stupid but if someone could explain to me in simple terms step by step how to make the NPC appear in game? I would greatly appreciate it.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text =~/Hail/i)
{ quest::say("Hey ya cheapskate! You want the good stuff? just say the magic word! [juice] me! If you want me to [heal] you, I will do it for free."); }
if($text=~/juice/i)
{quest::selfcast(27;}
{quest::selfcast(457);}
{quest::selfcast(1693);}
{quest::selfcast(2176);}
{quest::selfcast(2177);}
{quest::selfcast(3692);}
{quest::selfcast(3467);}
{quest::selfcast(2570);}

if ($text=~/heal/i) { quest::selfcast(13); }
}

#END of FILE Zone:poknowledge ID:2700013 -- Innoroid
Old 10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerx719 View Post
Hey guys I did some searching around the forums and found some helpful information about how to write the script up for a buff bot. And I am fully aware to save it as a.pl file... I am having a tough time to actually get it working in game. Below is a copy of the .PL file.. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at it and see if there is any errors on my part... Also I don't mean to sound completely stupid but if someone could explain to me in simple terms step by step how to make the NPC appear in game? I would greatly appreciate it.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text =~/Hail/i)
{ quest::say("Hey ya cheapskate! You want the good stuff? just say the magic word! [juice] me! If you want me to [heal] you, I will do it for free."); }
if($text=~/juice/i)
{quest::selfcast(27;}
{quest::selfcast(457);}
{quest::selfcast(1693);}
{quest::selfcast(2176);}
{quest::selfcast(2177);}
{quest::selfcast(3692);}
{quest::selfcast(3467);}
{quest::selfcast(2570);}

if ($text=~/heal/i) { quest::selfcast(13); }
}

#END of FILE Zone:poknowledge ID:2700013 -- Innoroid
If you just want a generic buff bot in PoK, use Vicar Qadar. He is already spawned, at least from PEQ database. He doesn't come with a .pl script by default so feel free to place Vicar_Qadar.pl file in your quests/poknowledge directory. As for the file itself try this instead:

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY {
   if ($text =~/Hail/i){ 
      quest::say("Hey ya cheapskate! You want the good stuff? just say the magic word! [juice] me! If you want me to [heal] you, I will do it for free."); 
   }
   if($text=~/juice/i) {
      quest::selfcast(278);  
      quest::selfcast(457);  
      quest::selfcast(1693);
      quest::selfcast(2176);
      quest::selfcast(2177);
      quest::selfcast(3692);
      quest::selfcast(3467);
      quest::selfcast(2570);
   }
   if ($text=~/heal/i) { 
      quest::selfcast(13); 
   }
}

#END of FILE Zone:poknowledge  ID:2700013 -- Innoroid
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Racerx719
Fire Beetle

Thank you very much, that helped out ALOT, and I took your suggestion on the command line and implimented my own
Old 10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Also I don't mean to sound completely stupid but if someone could explain to me in simple terms step by step how to make the NPC appear in game?
Use this tutorial to add an NPC in the game. Scroll down to the "Adding the Second NPC from within" instructions for the fast way of doing it. Once the NPC appears in game, target the npc and type #npcstats to find its NPCID. Then rename your .pl with the npcid # (e.g., 999143.pl) and drop it into the quest/$zone folder for the zone in which the npc resides.