Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-20-2002, 09:00 AM
irate
Fire Beetle

Default cant connect to server...

ok, ive got MYSQL running as well as the world and boot 5 zones files running...
they both say that they are connected to 127.0.0.1:9000
i assume this is right because im trying to have them run on my own server where i dont have to play online.
but when i log in, it says it cant connect to server due to:
1. Server is down.(mysql is running)
2. Internet connection is down.(but it is)
3. and something about a firewall.

any of you guys got any idea on what is going on?
Old 01-20-2002, 09:27 AM
madborg
Banned

The error message you are talking about has to do with the login dialog box where you type:

user, password, IP

If you make a typing mistake you will get that message. Also you will get it if you don't have the user/password.

Here is a simpler way to test if you are set up correctly:

for user/password use eqemu/eqemu. That user is already in your database. For IP (assuming your client and server is on the same machine) is 127.0.0.1.

This is no guarantee that you won't have additional problems--

**added** no longer necessary for 0.1.9
Leave the boot5zones.bat file along and just run it after you bring up world.

for example did you actually put in zone names in boot5zones.bat?

And there is an initial problem that has to do with some kind of database register (see another post about that).

But this will get you closer to where you want to go.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:34 AM
irate
Fire Beetle

Default ??

what do you mean, putting zone names in the 5 zone bat?
thanks for the help
Old 01-20-2002, 09:38 AM
irate
Fire Beetle

Default ok

ok, i used the eqemu/eqemu 127.0.0.1
and it started up correctly then it disconnected me.
thanks for help
Old 01-20-2002, 09:50 AM
madborg
Banned

Default Re: ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate
what do you mean, putting zone names in the 5 zone bat?
thanks for the help
**added** this is no longer necessary for 0.1.9
there are no zone names in that batch file-- there is a zone batch in your eqemu directory for 5 zones. You have to remove the dash and plug in actually zone name such as:

You will also want to read the following thread:

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.p...amp;threadid=9

And finally, don't worry about map files for right now.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:55 PM
irate
Fire Beetle

Default ok

alright, i replaced all the dashes with the zone names, put my character start zone as freportw...
but i still am getting disconnected before i get to char selection screen
thanks again
Old 01-20-2002, 06:23 PM
Nada
Sarnak

Default Try this

Are you selecting your server from the main eq login? I had the same problem you had with that. So, i renamed eqmain.dll and logged in manually and works great.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Zeitgeist
Discordant

Default hmm...

actually, i noticed that if you leave them blank, emu seems to use them as wake ups for the slumbering zones =)e i havent been able to log in using this version yet either, i think it has to do with ewhat address the emu uses for creating new zones. *shrug* i had an extensive post about this on the now gone boared system... le sigh... to think i was almost to 50 posts =)e
Old 01-20-2002, 06:56 PM
madborg
Banned

Default Re: hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
actually, i noticed that if you leave them blank, emu seems to use them as wake ups for the slumbering zones =)e i havent
That makes sense. After looking at the batch file again I see that the dashes are just place holders for zones but there is no reason to plug in actual zones until you need one.

I am creating a version for my two-machine setup and I should be able to enter any zone without having to explicitly say so in the batch file.

**added**
confirmed that the dashes are a better way to set up the batch file. So....forget about editing in the zone names in the batch file, leave the dashes in place.

very good.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:27 PM
Danny
Fire Beetle

Default yay

Ok.. quick recap.. the loginserver.ini is set to have localhost as your ip? and then the batch file for the zones is set to your ip or local host? .. then if you are logging on to your server from the same machine just use localhost in the blank for ip addy... works fine for me... oh and as far as the i[ versus localhost in batch files for zones I noticed i couldn't have people on lan connect unless i used my ip instead of localhost..

ALSO.. the dashes are very cool.. notice when you actually run the batch file it says entering sleep mode or something of that sort at the end of the commands.. and if you check world server it uses each one as needed.. found this very cool
Old 01-20-2002, 11:56 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Actually, the zone name from the command line is no longer read no matter what is there. I just was lazy and didnt change the command line syntax. ;p
Old 01-21-2002, 03:23 AM
Zeitgeist
Discordant

lol... so any ideas why I can't connect, Q? I've tried messing with the IPs in the 5zone bat and I can't get past login the way I used to (using external ip for the server which is a separate machine from the client). If I use its LAN IP I can get to character select THEN get dropped. For the record here's my setup in slightly more detail:

192.168.1.101 is the server
192.168.1.4 is my client
both sit behind a linksys BEFSR41 router/switch

prior to .1.9 I was able to get both outside and inside people connected using:

zone zonename externalIP port# internalIP

Now I cannot get in regardless. Admittedly I've been very short of time to play or I probably would've straightened this out.