Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
bigcountry23
Fire Beetle

Default MySEQ and EQEMU

Looks like all the topics on this are several years old so I figgured I would start a new topic.

I just recently found about EQEMU and started playing EQ again after having left live in early 2005. I was a big fan of MySEQ when I left for its tracking abilities when playing a non-tracking class. I read through the forums over at MySEQ and quickly noticed that they are not supporting the EQEMU community.

My question is, is there a similar tool that is supporting the EQEMU community or is anyone in the EQEMU commuinty creating offsets to work with the builds of MySEQ that are available?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:26 PM
trevius
Developer

Sorry, but these tools are considered cheating and discussion on how to get them running will not be allowed here. If you can get them running on your own, that is another thing, but don't discuss it here. I am personally thankful to the ShowEQ team for their work, since it helped greatly in getting EQEmu compatible with SoF, but that still doesn't mean we can support the use of their tools for EQEmu.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
bigcountry23
Fire Beetle

My appologies. Any way to delete the post?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:45 PM
bergalas
Banned

myseq is cheating?

Then might I Ask why KLS an admin here released a parser for it?

Just a bit confused, a site admin released a tool specificly for parsing myseq logs (myseq is the windows version of showeq). I myself have been using the parser to aid in populating zones post POP.

I understand why macroquest would be cheating and a bannable offense but why showeq? And why would the admin make a tool specificly for it if it was against the rules?

*Trevius Edit* When a mod/dev/admin or even forum guide asks people not to do something in a thread, don't do it. This is a warning, since you were giving help when I had just said we will not allow it in the post you were replying to. I removed that portion of this post.

Last edited by trevius; 08-25-2009 at 08:41 PM..
Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergalas View Post
I myself have been using the parser to aid in populating zones post POP.
I think you know the reason the parser was created ...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
trevius
Developer

KLS created and gave out the Parser to help with filling out content, not as an excuse to allow cheating 3rd party software discussions on these boards. If you are able to figure out how to run the parser, then you should be able to figure out how to get MySEQ running. It isn't hard to do, but again, it will not be supported or allowed to be discussed on these forums unless one of the other Mod/Dev/Admins have a good reason why it should be. Some servers don't care whether or not you can see spawns on the map, but some servers strictly forbid it. We don't want to upset the servers that forbid it, so these forums are not the place to discuss it. Not to mention, it isn't directly EQEmu project related, which is really the only thing these forums are supposed to be for.

If MQ cannot be discussed here, I see no reason why MySEQ or ShowEQ should be allowed either. The only discussion related to them that is OK here is if they are mentioned in reference to being used for something strictly development related. Even then, we would only discuss the use of them for development and not how to actually set them up.