Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default Weekly Scheduled PVP Tournaments

Alright well after running several tests and mini events to determine weather or not PVP was balanced on Raid Addicts I had to adjust some unresistable spells and stuff like that but for the most part all 16 classes can be good with PVP on Raid Addicts..

For a long time PVP was Deemed un-balanced by many of the player base because caster damage was so high but with the advent of the Befallen Amulets really everything is perfectly balanced..

So with that being said..

I will be holding PVP Tournaments every Saturday on Raid Addicts..(Starting whenever I wake up and ending whenever it ends) The rewards for these tournaments will vary..(Mostly will be Guks, Plat, Titles, or Hired Goons and other donation perks)

I will be doing Best of the Best Tournaments
Regular PVP Tournaments
Team Based Tournaments
Level Based Tournaments (Level 1's , Level 15's, Level 30's Level 50's and Level 75 Players Seperate Tourney's)
And much more

NOW: When I announced this on the server had people actually QUIT saying omg this is turning into a PVP server... This is not what is happening we are quite simply having Tournaments for those players who enjoy PVP.. The server will remain PVE for the most part other than the zones set aside that are PVP.. Such as the plane of war , commons ect..

So folks I am working on the Arena currently getting it ready and then will make a special entrance for it in one of the player hubs.

So come join in on the fun folks every Saturday on Raid Addicts

Jordan "King" Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org

ps: Sorry website is currently down but will return soon and adding the PVP tournament charts and other stuff (need ideas) on the website.. (Perhaps like this months winners or whatever)
Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Adam007
Fire Beetle

Sort your website and "nerfs" out before bothering with PVP man.......
Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
PvP...everything is perfectly balanced..
I stopped reading at this point.

Have fun for those who will be participating!

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
For a long time PVP was Deemed un-balanced by many of the player base because caster damage was so high but with the advent of the Befallen Amulets really everything is perfectly balanced..
So in order to have a balanced 1v1 fight...I would 1 specific item from your game?

Also: Do contributors with their insane starting gear have the option of doing this too? IE: Pay 20-50 dollars, get an overpowered suit of gear for your low levels, unleash hell because a level 30 in scrub gear has 1/10 of their hp.

This isn't a flame, but I'm just wondering if this is actual balanced/legit pvp tournaments or you just want people to reroll on your server(since there isnt a solid pvp server up yet). Because Raid Addicts tends to get advertised more than Dell or Apple. Just curious.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Oggobogg
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
I stopped reading at this point.

Have fun for those who will be participating!
exactly the point!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM
KingMort
Banned

Not really sure what you mean by over-powered a level 1 does start out with their epic but that isn't really a big deal because every level 1 does..

I may end up not doing it at level 1 but start at level 10 or 15..

At level 1 you have to gain money and hunt mobs to get AT BEST a 40 hp item..

Not over-powered at all as you said, even on Live there is better gear than on RA for pre level 15's..

In fact you can get better gear on PEQ , pre level 15 than you can on Raid Addicts...

I'm not real sure what your view on Over-Powered is anyway to be honest. That doesn't really make sense to me perhaps you could explain further.. Over-powered to who ? Each player can gain what all the other players can, and they all progress toward the same goals to have their gear improved.. So yeah not sure what you mean there..

We have been working non stop for each class to get them balanced it's taken us 5 years total to get to this point.. I am pretty proud of it...

And yes I would like to see some VZ / TZ folks enroll on the server and get this type of thing going and more trendy because most folks on the server really want nothing to do with PVP other than a few.. Would be nice to mix it up..
Old 08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

Overpowered meaning....I have seen the gear donators can get. How is that a legit pvp set up when Donators get gear that is *much* better than someone who doesn't want to pay.

So in other words....your server doesn't want anything to do with PvP yet you want VZ/TZ's players to come to your server to take part in a mass PvE timesink to get geared/AA'd to take part in pvp tournaments held once a week?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
Overpowered meaning....I have seen the gear donators can get. How is that a legit pvp set up when Donators get gear that is *much* better than someone who doesn't want to pay.
I'm sorry that is not true at all.. What Donator gear are you referring too exactly ? Some one was probably yanking your chain.. There are no unfair advantages to donating on RA it's only a shortcut for players. Everything in there can be obtained elsewhere and 99.9% of the gear obtained by players was not through the donator zones but quests and raids outside of it..

All the players main gear is stuff they have worked hard on for months or years and nothing to do with donating.. Or many of them have found alternate methods to gearing up Tradeskills or Alternate Progression quests zones and drops.. The Time Sinks you refer too are probably the major Tiered Armor sets and Weaponry but there is weapons as good or better without the time spent..

On the Other Topic :

I only said the Players for the most part really don't want anything to do with PVP but PVP has been optional for a long time you can be PVP straight at any point you want anywhere you want , or stay PVP forever... Just because they don't want anything to do with it only means that's what is Trendy atm.. If some serious VZ/TZ players made chars and made a whole guild of PVP players I think that would be totally awesome myself...

Got to start some where , once a week seemed like a good starting point..
Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Xeonn2004
Fire Beetle

I play on KMRA and I think its a great idea. Ive been here for 3years and I dont plan on leaving and am glad to see this PvP arise. If the PvP ends up being a bust then who cares? I log onto the forums and all you people are concerned with is bashing and hating on one another. I haven't found another server in my 7 years of EQ that is as much fun as KMRA.

Have any of you guys even played on this server or are you to busy jacking off to your posts about bashing people? I mean sure you can buy some gear which in my opinion is outdated considering the gear in fitted with but hell, servers don't run themselves. Kudos to you Mort, can't wait to kick some ass in PvP

Kenuuar, #1 SK of KMRA
Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
KingMort
Banned

Thanks was starting to think no one had ever even played on my server who was posting here too lol...

Either that or they played for a few days then quit I don't really know..

That's why I am asking for the help of the community with ideas once we start going with this idea and perhaps it can grow into something pretty darn fun..

On live I was a Bard and pretty darn good at PVP even though I did prefer PVE and Raiding the PVP stuff was always memorable...
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I'm not bashing. It's just hard for me to read something about PvP and "perfect" in the same line. I may hop on though if I find time. It's always fun to see what's out there.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-17-2009, 05:44 PM
KingMort
Banned

Lol yeah your right it's probably not PERFECT haha...

But with peoples help should be pretty darn entertaining..
Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Nothing works perfectly the first try. You'll get some feedback from participants (hopefully useful feedback), make some changes, and see if it's any better.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:35 PM
KingMort
Banned

I still plan on doing these at least starting out with some Best of the Best tournaments here soon as the website gets resolved..

As you can see it's still down but I want to be able to post the results of these tournaments and or leader board's of some kind..

I do hope to see some of our Veteran players attending but they may not the first few tourney's...

King
www.raidaddicts.org (under repairs)