Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Xenerox
Hill Giant

Exclamation [SOF] Secrects of Faydwer Start Issue!

I Just Installed EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer set it up like on EQ titanium

but when i start it loads up to a black screen saying the instruction at 0x04395da6 referenced memory at 0x00000044. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program

any help with this error would be appreciated i also uninstalled it and reinstalled it 4 times now still same thing, i even installed it on another pc of mine and ran it fine then transferred it to this pc and am havingg this issue
Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Xenerox
Hill Giant

i tried running in compatability mode aswell with vista xp 98 2000 in 640 480 resolution still gave me same error
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
trevius
Developer

Try some of the suggestions in the FAQ in my sig. Your issue is most likely a resolution issue, so check there first. Otherwise, you may want to use the option to set your CPU affinity for SoF directly from your shortcut.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
culhu
Fire Beetle

I am having the same issues. I'm running an unmodified steam release of SoD on Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I'm running a Nvidia GTX 260. I've tried compatibility mode, run as Administrator (although I already am one), I've tried all the options in the compatibility tab and all fail. I edited my .ini file to change the res and put in a refresh rate, but that didn't help. I have direct X 9.0c and direct X 11 installed. I can run the Titanium client perfectly. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by culhu View Post
I am having the same issues. I'm running an unmodified steam release of SoD on Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I'm running a Nvidia GTX 260. I've tried compatibility mode, run as Administrator (although I already am one), I've tried all the options in the compatibility tab and all fail. I edited my .ini file to change the res and put in a refresh rate, but that didn't help. I have direct X 9.0c and direct X 11 installed. I can run the Titanium client perfectly. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
May want to try and delete EQClient.ini, or, just reinstall. It sounds like your harddrive isn't retaining the dll files fairly well to load the game -- and if that's the case, it's likely more than that, that is broken. I've ran it just fine on a fresh install of vista x86 and vista x64.

Another thing to try is rolling back your drivers a few versions. Maybe that buggered something; you never know, and its best to get everything out of the way.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:17 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by culhu View Post

Thanks!
Did you happen to copy any files over from Titanium or patch any custom files for any particular server before you noticed the issue? Also, are you sure you haven't patched to Live at all? If so, you may be able to try connecting to Storm Haven, since we also mostly support the Live client, so it may work on a partially patched client. Crashes like that can be from anything, including custom UIs, custom spell files and whatever.