Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
dbradshaw
Fire Beetle

Default Manually Creating Zonelines

I know I'm just full of questions hehe
But can someone give me a small walkthrough on
how to create a zoneline? PEQ uses new map for Lavastorm and I cant
zone into Najena.
Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Midgett
Fire Beetle

Default Zonelines (S3D maps vs EQG maps)

There are three pages of threads regarding zonelines/zone points. Rather than creating another thread I will post
my question here since my question is semi-related to this thread.

Based on what I read, I've noticed that S3D maps (old world zones) have hard coded zonelines, but EQG maps (newer zones)
don't. In S3D's, you can't change the source zoneline--only the target (x.y.z) in the database. In EQG's the only way out of them
is Quest script (invis. NPC) or click an object/door.

Does this have anything to do with what hasn't been packet collected, or is it an emulator issue? The fact that I don't
get sent in an endless loop in an EQG zone tells me the zonelines aren't hard coded. I was just curious if Sony implemented
something new at this point. Trial and error is pointless since I don't seem to hit a zoneline anywhere unless I use the quest NPC.

Thx guys.

BTW, I'm not running into any problems with the current scheme. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:14 AM
lorcoft
Fire Beetle

Not being able to change the source zonelines in s3d's isn't entirely true.

Neither zoneline going from LOIO to WCab are working on on my servers. I have it running on both a playing server and a different test server. I'm using the most recent build with the R17 maps. When you zone from LOIO to WCab, you are dropped into the dev box at 0,0,0.

I went to the zone_points table on the db, and it's a mess. There are 0 entries where there shouldn't be and 999999 entries in others. The points for LOIO-WCab are among those broken. If you try to enter the correct data, it won't let you input a neg X for the zone in WCab; even though you can #zone to West Cabilis and /goto that location.

So, I tried removing all of the West Cabilis entries and the LOIO ones. When I did that, the zoneline disappear completly. You can run past the zoneline into the walled off area (it's quite large back there)...

Then, I put the zone points back but changed the target loc in West Cabilis to the same location as the safepoint written on the wall of the dev box. The changes worked. I can zone from LOIO into West Cabilis and enter the zone in front of the necro guild.

This leads me to a few assessments. First, the s3d for West Cab and possibly its map file contain errors. The db doesn't seem to have the right information regarding the zones boundaries. Second, the s3d's may not have "hard coded" zonelines.

I've searched the forum and this is far from a new issue. I don't know if the original occurrence was ever properly fixed or if the work around has just become the accepted norm.

I'm the first person to admit, my knowledge of SQL is far from expert. I'm reluctant to put in an invisible NPC to port people to the right location in Cab. If the error is in the db, I would rather bash at it till I learn what was wrong.

If someone with SQL expertise could weigh in on this, I know I'd like find out if this can be fixed.

For all we know, this is an original coding error that sony never corrected.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Midgett
Fire Beetle

Default Recent collects

Thx for the input lorcoft.

It would appear recent collects (peqdb_Rev1535) have shed some light on this. Once CD dumped recent collects into PEQ, all of the eqg zones
came to life! Even the zonelines worked like a charm without the aid of invis. npcs. I guess the issue with the zonelines in eqg maps has to do
with packet collects and not code.

Could this be the issue with the new lavastorm and arena zonelines?