Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

Default No items in game

I have gone through and tried to see if I could answer the question myself but the posts I did see were followed up by a reply by a dev or other knowledgeable person with a specific question and then the OP did not return so therefore no real answer could be given. I used this guide to set up my server
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows
with very few hiccups (which were things that I did not notice in the editing parts of the xml file) but I did catch and fix those myself after a few hours of pulling my hair out. Anyway back to the point, my server now runs fine and all of the NPC's are in place and such, but there are no items in game (including merchants). When I search for an item using the #fi command it comes back with 0 items found for whatever I was searching for. Here is a list of what I am running:

Minilogin 6.2
EQEmu rev 1316 (with bots)
Peq database rev 1589

I would supply the rest but I assume those would be the important players in the issue at hand :p Plus they are all listed in the guide that I used in the link above. I would appreciate any help.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:08 AM
pfyon
Discordant

You need your database revision to match your server revision, so you should be using whatever DB came before 1316 + the updates in the utils/sql/svn/ folder up to 1316.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

I had read that but I couldn't figure out how to determine the whole versions thing. I just did trial and error and updated the EQEmu version first and it worked and I logged in and everything is correct now. After I did that I then understood what the versions meant lol. I'm just starting out with this so I have a lot to learn. I kinda like how the answers to things are not necessarily direct for people like me and it makes you think and figure things out. I know I learn better that way. Does anybody know a good Equipment editor or how to do it otherwise? All of the programs I have seen, when I click on it, it says I do not have permission to view this file or something similar to that.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:58 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Use GeorgeS Tools which can be found here http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/

Also check out Navicat or a similar program it makes database editing alot easier.