Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Default Quest turn ins not working but npcs respond to Hail

Hey I recently set up my server with the peq database for the first time and everything works fine except quests dont seem to be working at all. I can hail them and they respond, but things like newbie quest turnins, deathfist belt turn ins, etc. dont work when i turn the items in. Im pretty sure none of the quests are working in this manner when i give quest items to npcs. my quest folder in my server directory has all the peq quests in them and i checked to make sure I had the quests I was trying to do.

Please help me, i cant figure it out, thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 PM
trevius
Developer

Make sure you moved the plugins folder out of the quests folder and directly into your server folder.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

This problem was solved that turned into an even bigger problem.

I had moved my plugin folders in which should have solved the problem. Well, it did, but then my zone.exe would crash whenever it was loaded (either manually or from when a player would enter the server)

It turns out the plugin GetSpawn2IDs was causing this, i removed the file and everything is working fine now, although im not sure if GetSpawn2IDs is really important to have.

Can anyone confirm if GetSpawn2IDs is important?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
trevius
Developer

Where did you get your quests folder from? I don't recall seeing that plugin file before. Is that a PEQ file? Also, what source code revision are you running? If the plugin uses newer commands than the source code you are running, that can cause issues if using it, but as long as the plugins are written properly, it shouldn't actually cause an issue unless the plugin is actually called.