Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Magnum
Fire Beetle

Default Great Server, Custom or not?

Well, been looking around for a great server.. was looking for "custom" server, but I think i've tried all them lol .I been looking, around on some, and mostly liked what I seen, but it seemed by my looking at forums I couldn't do.

Like from my reading of Ez, you have to 6+ box to do anything.
THF, you have to be on raid schedule.
Stormhaven, can do okay just casually, but seems to also have to get on raid schedule.

I guess what I'm really looking for is somewhere where I can or may not have to box much if at all to go places, without having to be onr aid schedule.

That's all I've tried so far, but i'm not getting anywhere... so.. anyone have suggestions?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:36 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Try The Irreverent server, it is very solo friendly. Depending on what class you play you might have to two box some things.

If you are basing your opinions of servers solely off of reading forums then you are missing alot. Most servers have increased exp rates so leveling up a toon might give you more of a feel for a server than text on a webpage.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Magnum
Fire Beetle

Ah cool, I might give it a try.

Well I did base forums for THF, but i actually tried EZ, and Stormhaven.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Tbh very few guilds on THF are on a set raid schedule, it seems like <Shattered> is really the only one, most other guilds play it by "if peoplea re on lets do it". THF definately requires a commitment to raiding if you plan on seeing the high end, but i wouldnt say its required to have a schedule - its a great server that offers alot of content across the board - might reccomend actually giving it a try
Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Magnum
Fire Beetle

Ah, yeah, I guess I do want to experience some kind fo high endish, so guess THF not for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well you can solo up to 70 (max level) on THF (no boxing required), then you can either farm LDON for improved gear, or join pick up groups/pick raids for first 1-3 tiers. But if you want to go beyond that you would have to join a raid guild.
Epic 1.5 can also be mostly done solo/with pick up groups
Old 02-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Magnum
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
well you can solo up to 70 (max level) on THF (no boxing required), then you can either farm LDON for improved gear, or join pick up groups/pick raids for first 1-3 tiers. But if you want to go beyond that you would have to join a raid guild.
Epic 1.5 can also be mostly done solo/with pick up groups
Really wish I could.. because THF seems to have lots and lots of content... however school doesn't allow me to but on weekends really, but usually do other stuff on weekends heh