Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Simreal
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Spell Level 255 and eqlaunc.exe problems.

I have a couple issues I could use some help with. I have spent hours searching the forums for answers but haven't really made any progress. The first issue is that when configured the server I used PEQ Rev 1751.

I have found that unless I use the spells files downloadedto play on the P99 server many of the spells say they require level 255. I have seem several other posts about the level 255 spell requirement and none of the suggested fixes solved my problem. Once I loadded the spell file provided by the P99 team to play on their server my spells seem to work fine.

I'd like to be able to let played play on my server without having to update the spells file. Maybe that is hoping for too much but if it's possible I would appreciate any advice you can offer.

The second issue I am dealing with is that the eqlaunch.exe file wont run on any machine I have installed it on. This is one of the files found in the EQEMU Rev 1887 sources. I have tried using the file in both the normal and bots versions of this source. When I manually run the file I get the error "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem". I can manually open zones.exe <zonename> or just run multiple copies of zone.exe and let the world server manage them dynamically. Is this supposed to be the case? or should I be using the eqlaunch.exe to manage the zones?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

For spells to work, your client spell file and the server database need to match. As far as I know, the standard peq database works fine with the default client spell file. If you've changed that file on your client then you'll have a problem unless you import it into your server database as well or restore the default client file.

If eqlaunch.exe isn't running it means you're missing some DLL files, most likely the Visual Studio 2005 runtime. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=3387

You can find out exactly what you are missing with the dependency walker program that you can download here: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

An alternative is to install Visual Studio 2005 and use it to compile your own server files. There are guides on how to do this in the forums.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Simreal
Fire Beetle

I didn't alter the spell file. I did a clean install of titanium.

I'll try the walker tool you mentioned. Thanks for the info on that. I did try to load the latest .net files as well as the C++ runtime files. That didnt seem to work.

EDIT: UPDATE:

I had already tried loading the .net files as well as the Visual Studio 2k8 Runtime files. No luck there. I also tried using the dependency walker tool you recommended and it showed 3 files I was missing. 2 had the same name and google searches indicated the VS runtimes would resolve that dependency. However it did not. I gave up working on that file and deviced to try to resolve the other file. it was called MSJAVA.dll. I made the assumption this would be installed with the java runtime files so I went to SUN.com and installed the latest javart fileset.

BAM! walker still shows the missing msjava.dll but not the other file. So I decided to give running it a shot. Sure enough my eqlaunch.exe now runs and opens dynamic zone servers = to the dynamic zones entry in the database. IT WORKS!.

Thanks for the help with the eqlaunch. Now if I could just figure out the spells issue.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You are not using a default spells file. Go back and extract it from the cd again. Also you ar going to have many other problems using 1751 with the current SVN source.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Simreal
Fire Beetle

I am using the default spells file. I just did a clean install of titanium and I didn't touch anything. Also I'm not using any SVNs.

I downloaded the pre-compiled versions from google-code.

I used this server config instruction set to the letter.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows

The only variations are I'm using Perl 5.10.1008 instead of 1007 and MySQL 5.0.82 instead of 5.0.85.

The database is not the same as the Titanium spells file. I just used one of Georges tools to extract the spells table from the database to a spells_us.txt file. The two files are different. When I use the spell file the tool created it works beautifully.

So I'm not sure why this is the case or if there's anything I can do about it. I have determined I either need to use the spell file I created from the database using Georges tool or I need to rebuild the table from the default spell file that gets loaded with Titanium.

Or if I'm missing something I would appreciate knowing what it is.

I really appreciate your input. Thanks for replying.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If they don't match then you need to make them match, either by exporting what's in your database to the file your clients will use, or importing the file your client is using to the database.

Maybe it doesn't match with Titanium. It seemed to be fine with the default SoD file I had on my client at the time. Keep in mind that the PEQ database works with whatever PEQ is using at the time. There's no guarantees of anything else.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Simreal
Fire Beetle

Thanks Lerx ... thats what I'll do then.