Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
iBigNasty70
Fire Beetle

Angry Problems when running EQ

Okay so I'm pretty computer smart. But this has me stumped- My roommates laptop (hp - vista - 32bit - 3GB RAM - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz)

My problem is that when he clicks the EQ shortcut (the one he made), it pops up with the allow/decline BS. When he clicks allow, all the lights on my modem shut off, then after about 3second they come back on and the Game starts to run. But when he types in his Login and Pass and tries to connect, it doesnt allow him to connect. It did this yesterday also. We're able to log on and play, until he tries to zone, then it shuts it down again. I'm thinking its some kind of loop? I've checked online, but no one seems to have had this problem or maybe its just so simple to fix, I'm just over looking it. But its sadly getting me pissed :P

Any tips or help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:54 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Since you are able to connect at all means it is probably something simple causing your Everquest issues. Check with the server admins for the server you were playing on and make sure they allow multiple people to login from the same ip address. Usually when that type of error occurs the first person logged in will get kicked off when the second person logs in. However that doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t react differently sometimes.
The modem resetting is an entirely separate issue. Sounds like you have some hardware/software issues you might want to track down before playing EQ. An internet connection loop probably would not reset your modem it would just cause your internet usage to react funny. Modem resets usually occur because of defective hardware, defective cabling or your ISP telling it to reset.
The accept/decline bs you referred to is called User Access Control (UAC) and it can be turned off in the User Accounts section of the control panel. The UAC will not cause your hardware issue but it could cause your connection issue with Everquest. Also make sure Everquest is being run with administrative privileges and is not being blocked by a firewall.
I would suggest getting rid of Vista 32-bit as it is known for having issues and it is also holding the laptop back on performance. Get Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64 either of which will run considerably smoother.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:40 PM
iBigNasty70
Fire Beetle

Thank you. I was pretty mad lol. I will look into that, I was probably just over looking something simple. But I was thinking it's an IP error.

Patients is something needed when working with computers, and its something I don't have lol

We rest set his laptop to factory def. as a last resort. Might not have been the best idea, but we just went with it.

Many many thanks!