Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
zRush
Fire Beetle

Default What I would like to find...

Is a server where I can recreate my 'live' characters and continue playing the game (with bots/mercenaries) as close to regular Everquest as possible.. maybe with some commands like #zone and #setskills (I hated leveling skills!) And a somewhat more solo player friendly environment. I know, tall order.

I just want to play regular EQ for the most part with my old toons. I don't want to have to level them up again. Did that all too many times. Is there a server out there that might meet my needs?

Ideally, I want to make my own server for myself and a few friends. And someone with the knowledge to help me get started would be really excellent. So... if you can help with either of these.. please don't be shy

Thanks
Randall
Old 12-11-2011, 02:25 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

In short - NO

In details:

-the true to LIVE collected database data only goes as far as GoD/OoW expansions and so does PEQ server the Grand Creation server.

-none of the popular established servers will allow you to just re-create your live chars, unless its one of those "gm command" servers where you can summon any items you like, set your level etc. These servers appear occasionally, stay up for a week and then shut down cause no one plays on them past first 30 min.

On other hand there are few server with close up to original EQ DB (again up to OoW at most) that have easy leveling up and soloable content - believe Irrelevant and EZservers are like that

Best way for you to get what you wish is to make your own server
Old 12-11-2011, 03:09 PM
KingMort
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlb-IXfVl18