Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:31 AM
knowom
Discordant

Default Spell procs on thrown weapons

Update - Apparently this is possible from what I gather wasn't sure if it was when I started thread. Anyway I wanted to make a thrown Molotov cocktail weapon.

So here's what I'm doing I took McKallister's Fire Brew looked like a decent basis in item icon appearance not sure how it'll look thrown. The lore description was pretty good made a ever so slight spelling modification from sip to slip! I changed the name to Molotov cocktail. I added a unique unused ID # so it can be easily added to a DB. I changed the item type to 19 Thrown Casting Items (Explosive potions etc). I tossed on a bane damage of 10 to zombies for extra measure because they have a tendency to get lit on fire a lot. Lastly I added a spell proc for rain of blades with a spell proc rate of 125 which I assume this is 125% of the base proc chance rate. Something I'm wondering is if item type 19 can still critical strike like normal thrown weapons or if item type 7 can spell proc I put it to 19 because it seemed like the safer option between the two.

Here's a SQL for the created item maybe someone can test it out and let me know how it works. I'm considering making a variety of similar thrown spell items in the future sometime add a little bit of excitement to throwing skill.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y...it?usp=sharing

If anyone has or knows of a particular spell they'd like to see on a thrown item let me know. Another I'd like to do is a thrown bard instrument because I think it could look rather funny to toss a lute at a monster if it works like that.