Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:25 PM
strider51
Sarnak

Default Items - prices and tweaks for solo servers.

Hello all.
On my solo server, I've changed the items and pricing around to create a better experience for me. I thought I'd share these scripts.

1. Make everything droppable, and no Lore (some crazy good weapon combinations out there now)
2. Add a reasonable price to everything so that I can at least vendor the item to make plat to purchase spell casts and training (custom NPCs).
3. Remove all level caps on items so that I can twink out an ALT with awesome stuff for fun.

note: number 2 is done with a "pricemod" that takes into account item stats. It works well with weapons, and will only apply to items where the pricemod is positive. Here is a query to just see what the pricemod will be for items (does not alter tables)

--QUERY TO SEE THE PRICE MOD FOR ITEMS (BEFORE ADDING PRICES ( it looks for anything with price = 0) NOTE THIS IS COMMENTED OUT (OR SHOULD BE!)
--select id, name, price, damage, (name+ aagi+ ac+ acha+ adex+ aint+ asta+ astr+ attack+ awis+ damage+ endur+ dr+ fr+ haste+ hp+ regen+ mana+ mr+pr+range) as pricemod from items where price = 0 and (name+ aagi+ ac+ acha+ adex+ aint+ asta+ astr+ attack+ awis+ damage+ endur+ dr+ fr+ haste+ hp+ regen+ mana+ mr+pr+range)> 0;

Here are the actual queries that I used.

-- ITEMS AND PRICES (only for price=0 items)
UPDATE variables SET `value`='1' WHERE `varname`='MerchantsKeepItems';
UPDATE variables SET `value`='1' WHERE `varname`='DisableNoDrop';
INSERT INTO variables (`varname`, `value`, `information`) VALUES ('disablelore', '1', 'disables lore on items');

-- SET PRICE to the pricemod * 20,000 (or 20 plat)
update items set price =
(aagi+ ac+ acha+ adex+ aint+ asta+ astr+ attack+ awis+ damage+ endur+ dr+ fr+ haste+ hp+ regen+ mana+ mr+pr+range) * 20000
where price = 0
and (aagi+ ac+ acha+ adex+ aint+ asta+ astr+ attack+ awis+ damage+ endur+ dr+ fr+ haste+ hp+ regen+ mana+ mr+pr+range)> 0;

-- SET the price = the id on the rest of the items (more of a best guess here).
update items set price = id where price = 0;

-- NOW every item should have a price;

-- REMOVE ALL REQUIRED AND RECCOMENDED LEVELS ON ITEMS
update items set reclevel =0;
update items set reqlevel =0;

I hope that this is helpful to someone!!!

Thanks,

PS: remember always backup your tables before editing!
-mysqldump -u root -p eqdatabasename items > itemsTableBackup.sql
Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Good submission. I like the price settings. I have been thinking of a massive price change attempting to mirror the old dnd style price systems. That would also mean adjusting the coin drop rates for mobs.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:46 PM
strider51
Sarnak

I should add, I found out a few things.

1: if you plan on making vendor-sold items out of some of the tweaked prices, make sure to set sellrate appropriately. Otherwise the merchants will be overpricing your items (i just set all of them to 1 for now (just the ones that originated at 0)).

2. I think 20000 might be a tad high. Right now i'm running with 5000 . Either way, tweak as you go until you get a good combination.

I've learned that the best way to make these changes is to have an "insert/update/alter table" script that you apply to a fresh items table. This way you can always get back to what you want, just by running the script on a fresh table. (I originally dumped the source before any mods and use that as a backup)
Old 04-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Furinex
Hill Giant

cant get this to work
Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Twilightmist
Fire Beetle

Thanks!! Great ideas. Going to do that on my solo server too.