Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:17 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Regarding triggers and npc_types:

First, I appreciate all the advice and feedback. It put me on the right track to figure it out.

I've found, with some DB digging, that there isn't a single race/bodytype configuration which identifies a trigger and makes it easy to `select * from npc_types where XXXXX`. I'm not sure if this is on purpose but, I went ahead and made some continuity changes.

Since race 127 is also used for mobs, it makes searching and changing things more tedious. Race 240 is also used for triggers, etc. and not mobs, from what I can tell. As mentioned previous, bodytype 11 didn't do what I wanted but 66/67 did. Gender didn't have any affect with race 240, bodytype 66. I suppose gender could be used to further identify what kind of trigger it is w/o leaving the npc_types table. * Also to note: the name didn't matter with bodytype 66 - _ # or letters/numbers, didn't make a difference

If I'm wrong, say so.

I have recent source from the stable branch at git (thanks akka).

Lastly, I write the above block of text for anyone who may happen upon it and has the same issue or can take something else away from it. I could easily keep this to myself but, the possibility wouldn't exist to get corrected and it wouldn't help anyone else.

I did not write this for people that already know.

I will continue to provide logs to these sort of issues regardless of any contempt swung my way.

Good day.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:14 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Haven't been around today otherwise I would have assisted, but to make an "invisible untargetable" NPC you have to make it race 127, gender 0, body type 11, special_abilities '19,1^20,1^24,1^25,1^35,1', and make the name something like _, __, ___ or just something with # and _.
Not true.

My custom invis triggers use race 127, gender 0, bodytype 66, and special abilities (19,1^20,1^24,1^25,1) and have normal names (aoe_helper, maldan_proximity, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Since race 127 is also used for mobs, it makes searching and changing things more tedious. Race 240 is also used for triggers, etc. and not mobs, from what I can tell. As mentioned previous, bodytype 11 didn't do what I wanted but 66/67 did. Gender didn't have any affect with race 240, bodytype 66. I suppose gender could be used to further identify what kind of trigger it is w/o leaving the npc_types table. * Also to note: the name didn't matter with bodytype 66 - _ # or letters/numbers, didn't make a difference
Glad you got it working, I completely brainfarted that I use bodytype 66 instead of 11. And yeah race 240 works as well.

As for keeping track of what each is used for, I use the name for that Since they are invisible you can name them whatever you want. Makes searching for a specific one easy.