Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Tabasco
Discordant

There will be visible headings soon, yes.
The visual teasers are nice but there are loads of details that need sorted out and a lot of the work can't be readily observed yet, but we're getting there.

Here's a larger and more up to date view.

Right now you can click an axis and move objects but I still need to set up a rotation widget.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:48 AM
vsab
Discordant

So frickin cool!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:13 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

nice!

this reminds me of my Doom editor I used back in 96 to make Doom maps It was 2D though.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Keep in mind everyone. That this is early stages in the works. Functionality is being pieced together.

Cubes of NPC's could turn into fully fledged NPC models.
The gray texture could turn into the actual textures used in the zone.

Some of these features may or may not show up sooner rather than later depending on the difficulty and how it gets in the way of making things functional before simply enhancing visuals.

Over time, ease of use and other things will be sharpened and such, it is currently a work in progress and the fact that this is even in the works is fucking amazing. Yes I dropped the F bomb because this is really exciting, though I'm not developing content right now, I'm extremely excited for the community.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:56 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

heh even with cubes - if I can spawn the zone by sitting at the "command center" looking at zone map - that's going to be uber
Old 05-28-2014, 03:10 PM
knowom
Discordant

I'm intrigued by it due to the implications of how it could speed up the EQ classic mob density db custom project I'm working on. I'm doubling all the spawns for EQ Classic for now and may triple them at a later date. Any of the non generic named NPC's will need some new names. Then the more labor intensive part will be altering the new NPC spawn coordinates to space apart so they aren't simply directly stacked on top of each other.

This tool looks like it could be perfect to help speed up that process along with a bunch of other stuff. In fact if I decide to add NPC mob type variations to the project it could help a lot with that up as well. I'm not sure how my custom project is going to turn out or who will be interested in it, but it'll be made available and hope it gets used and enjoyed in different ways as a new twist for EQ classic server types.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
I'm intrigued by it due to the implications of how it could speed up the EQ classic mob density db custom project I'm working on. I'm doubling all the spawns for EQ Classic for now and may triple them at a later date. Any of the non generic named NPC's will need some new names. Then the more labor intensive part will be altering the new NPC spawn coordinates to space apart so they aren't simply directly stacked on top of each other.

This tool looks like it could be perfect to help speed up that process along with a bunch of other stuff. In fact if I decide to add NPC mob type variations to the project it could help a lot with that up as well. I'm not sure how my custom project is going to turn out or who will be interested in it, but it'll be made available and hope it gets used and enjoyed in different ways as a new twist for EQ classic server types.
Where we are envisioning on taking this, this should speed up a lot of development processes 10x/20x/50x as we further develop the interface.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:37 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Rock On! This is amazing!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:41 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Akkadius, did you ever start working on the export/import tool for NPC etc...?

Celestial
Old 11-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpyou127 View Post
Akkadius, did you ever start working on the export/import tool for NPC etc...?

Celestial
No because it is quite the undertaking and I wasn't really getting any serious buy in on it.

I'm not going to invest my time into some serious craziness if there is no real seeable benefit to it by others.

In my mind it would be a way to contribute content without having direct access to another server which could be huge in itself.

I guess I'm open to having this discussion still

Last edited by Akkadius; 11-03-2015 at 06:51 PM..
Old 11-04-2015, 09:46 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

I'm just checking in on this since I never noticed it before (sorry :( )

One thing that I've always wished would be simpler is packaging up a piece of content. Say a zone and all its inhabitants. Or all the pieces of a custom GM event. Then you could just give that out as a package, the new owner runs the scripts and boom they now also have the custom zone or event, 100% ready to run.

The system would export everything required from zone data, npcs, spells, items, etc.

I don't know if that's possible, or even how it would work, but there doesn't seem to be a huge demand to share singular objects (like an NPC or item). The scripts that manage these are far more important and sharing that piece seems to be where the demand is.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

I am having an issue at the moment with an older DB that I moved to the newest source. After I updated the DB its giving me odd issues. It would be really awesome to have access to a tool that I could export my changes and move them to the newer DB. I think this tool would be wonderful!

Celestial
Old 11-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

If I can get enough people on board with this, I will start thinking about the best way to do this as it is kind of a complex task and requires quite a bit if scenario-oriented logistics.

I know this tool would be incredibly powerful otherwise.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:55 PM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

It would be quite the undertaking and very much appreciated.

I know it would be a great tool as we have spent a lot of time changing stuff around and creating events so fourth on our little server ,for just family. I know the real server owners would benefit from this very much as well as the project as a whole.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

It would also be pretty awesome after reading the above posts that there could be a growing repository of add-ons that people can implement and enjoy. This would turn the project into a truly expandable experience.

Celestial