Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Default Unable to lock things down by expansion

I have tried for four days to lock everything down to classic on my server. I've tried numerous things i found on this forum through the search feature and so far I can lock down classes, races, and zones to classic. However, features from other expansions are still available. Such as the books of knowledge being in, augments dropping, etc.

I have tried changing the Variables table Expansions setting. I have tried changing the rules_values table World:ExpansionSettings setting. Both of those I've tried 1 and 0, neither works.

I'm attaching screenshots of the respective tables. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-23-2015, 04:42 PM
provocating
Demi-God

It's not that easy, not just changing one setting. It all has to be done manually, all of it.

Zone lines
Objects (books, stones, LDoN camps)
Spells
NPC's
Character start locations
Out of era items
Augment slots on items

Also the spells of course changed many times. I had to go back and redo all spell statistics. You have to think the magician damage shield never lasted as long as it does. You also will have to remove classes from the spells, or they will show Beastlord and Berserker. I am sure I am missing a few things, we had months of post going back and forth when the players were giving me feedback.

Oh and the LoY starting gear and all associated items, those were removed. Then we went back and removed all of the NPC's regarding LoY newbie items. Overall it takes a ton of time on the Wayback Machine researching this stuff.

If you are going full classic you will need to get info about any revamped zones.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
It's not that easy, not just changing one setting. It all has to be done manually, all of it.

Zone lines
Objects (books, stones, LDoN camps)
Spells
NPC's
Character start locations
Out of era items
Augment slots on items

Also the spells of course changed many times. I had to go back and redo all spell statistics. You have to think the magician damage shield never lasted as long as it does. You also will have to remove classes from the spells, or they will show Beastlord and Berserker. I am sure I am missing a few things, we had months of post going back and forth when the players were giving me feedback.

Oh and the LoY starting gear and all associated items, those were removed. Then we went back and removed all of the NPC's regarding LoY newbie items. Overall it takes a ton of time on the Wayback Machine researching this stuff.

If you are going full classic you will need to get info about any revamped zones.
Great response as always, thank you for your time. I guess Im just going to have to commit to getting a developer on my side. I know enought o get things going but you are talking about things I don't even know where to begin with.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:59 PM
provocating
Demi-God

It takes a really, really long time. Most of my Mantis tickets are on out of era bugs.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:05 PM
provocating
Demi-God

On that note you may want to think about some type of a ticket system, I use Mantis. It allows you to prioritize the tickets, ask for more information, add files and screenshots. When they submit a ticket they have to pick drop-downs so it forces someone to give more information than they may give on a forum post. There are others out there like Bugzilla.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
On that note you may want to think about some type of a ticket system, I use Mantis. It allows you to prioritize the tickets, ask for more information, add files and screenshots. When they submit a ticket they have to pick drop-downs so it forces someone to give more information than they may give on a forum post. There are others out there like Bugzilla.
Great idea but my problem isnt getting to the issues in any particular order, i simply dont know how to hardcode some of these changes.

I just got rid of PoK books i believe. I mostly spend my time searching the forums and reading how others fixed problems. Learning is learning i suppose.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:23 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Running an sql query for some things make it easy, for example, all the old pok books in
zones are named POKTELE500. One could make an sql "update doors" query script to get
rid of them.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Running an sql query for some things make it easy, for example, all the old pok books in
zones are named POKTEL500. One could make an sql "update doors" query script to get
rid of them.
Thats exactly what I did! found that answer in a search on the forums. The community here is so great and im truly thankful for the help!

I'm trying to disable the wayfarer brotherhood yellow text announcement right now. I read that I need to go alter the player.pl file in quests\templates but that folder doesnt exist. Should I just alter each for the starting zones?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

That's in quests/global called global_player.lua
Old 11-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
That's in quests/global called global_player.lua
My players thank you! The Spam was getting out of hand. So realistically If i'm committed and willing to do the research before i ask for help I could do this right? I still cant figure out how to set lavastorm and steamfont tot he correct old zones and I haven't figured out how to implement this code i found for announcing YT kills to the server but with patience and time this is doable?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:15 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Absolutely doable. Well if you are willing to put in the time it is doable.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

As I previously mentioned I have a bit of code I would like to add to my attack.cpp but im so very afraid that I will crash the whole thing. In the example for pvp score announcements found here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29689 He references adding in code at line 1377 but my code looks so much different than his example so im afraid to overwrite anything the wrong way. Is this the sort of thing i need to just hire someone to help me fix?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veltira View Post
My players thank you! The Spam was getting out of hand. So realistically If i'm committed and willing to do the research before i ask for help I could do this right? I still cant figure out how to set lavastorm and steamfont tot he correct old zones and I haven't figured out how to implement this code i found for announcing YT kills to the server but with patience and time this is doable?
Its just a matter of changing the destination in the doors table, as long as the
zone exists. When I zoned in to Steamfont by using the GM #zone cmd,
(#zone steamfont), I land in the old zone. But zoning in from lesser, lands you
in the new zone. Just a matte of finding the shortname "steamfont" and setting
the doors to point towards that. That's how I did it anyway. Ive been doing
similar work on mine, it was same for a zone like Misty Thicket.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:53 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Also make sure you change your spells. Otherwise a druid can port to new Misty and Lavastorm.