Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:37 AM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmra247 View Post
but you also made nearly $20,000 in the first month of one of your servers
Gosh, when I saw all these donate buttons all over these server sites, I didn't realize some might be raking it in like that. My wallet is definately skeptical of what's real and what's not around all of this. It was only 15 a month to play on the daybreak servers for complete content. wow
Old 01-19-2019, 01:09 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmra247 View Post
but you also made nearly $20,000 in the first month of one of your servers (the one that had a $660 Donator tier).
Are these numbers legit???
I was under impression that if maybe 20 people will give you $10 each you can consider this a success. People REALLY spent THAT MUCH???
I am genuinely shocked.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:09 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritchaser View Post
Gosh, when I saw all these donate buttons all over these server sites, I didn't realize some might be raking it in like that. My wallet is definately skeptical of what's real and what's not around all of this. It was only 15 a month to play on the daybreak servers for complete content. wow

Daybreak money goes directly to Russia where it's used to corrupt our Great American Way of Life. Money donated to servers stays in America, going to great corporations like McDonald's, Pizza Hut and Wal-Mart, home of the 48 pack of Hot Pockets.

You... you're not a Trump supporter are you?
Old 01-19-2019, 02:04 AM
jb1536
Fire Beetle

I'm just getting started but the server seems fun and pretty well done so far. I haven't played one of Drak's servers since Eriviyn but loved it as well and I also donated there bc it was well worth my time. I dont have a post history here really but im Citidal, played on a few different Emu servers/P99 and mostly high end guilds on the TLP servers. Anyone on the fence I would reccomend giving this server a shot, the community is really helpful as well so far with questions and just chatting.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Kekboxer
Fire Beetle

This is my favorite server and I would donate ten thousand dollars if I could.

Dont listen to these haters. Drakiyth is the man and 100% trust worthy as ever before!
Old 01-19-2019, 06:50 PM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

havent played any of the other iterations of servers dak has made, and i wanted to hold off a week before commenting on this to see what its all about.

overall the server really is great, population seems to be picking up every day and dak is doing a nice job handling things all on his own.

there is not too much custom content, with things being added every couple of days and hopefully it will continue this trend.

really fun overall and i recommend it to folks to try out, i really hope the server stays around and it doesnt turn out that this server op is not another sanctuary server situation
Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tako_EQ View Post
it doesnt turn out that this server op is not another sanctuary server situation
I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Sanctuary in a discussion about "donations." Not sure if it was Zerjz or the new guy that set them, but wTf. Bear in mind if you have a peek, these are monthly rates. Not one time donations.

Sadly, he's got 2-3 sadboys pumping money in his pocket routinely. 2-3, which is the population of the server.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:12 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

I just want to let everybody know that Varlyndria is doing very well and we are seeing a large increase in players every day. I have done a great deal of work to make sure the server is a fun experience from start to finish. Some of the main features include:

- Added well over 100+ zones to teleport to that bypass lockouts.
- Added a lottery system.
- Added more quests.
- Added caravans for quests so it's easy to get to.
- Fixed the money system of the server. It's far better now.
- Greatly improved the tides system for solid character progression.
- Lonewolf damage got buffed.
- Armor Class and Resists for non-pet NPCs are no longer an issue with the level cap.
- Added a buffer npc to help players and grant some early tides.
- Added a mana/endurance regen buff NPC to help with downtime and faster killing.
- Added a powerful heal over time for melee classes called Grit.
- You can now hire a level 8 thug pet at level 1 for any class.
- Added more custom zones and a custom raid boss in Tacvi (GoD)
- Added a lot of custom gear to buy or find.
- Changed the augment system to be far better.
- Updated the AA points per kill system and it now gets better as you level up.
- Added a lot of augment slots to gear to fit the new system.
- Added bonus skill damage to certain pieces of gear.
- You can now purchase very expensive powerful augments.
- Added some new spells for certain classes.
- Made bards far better and they now work great with tides.
- Our discord is rapidly growing and has channels to help get started.
- You can read all the other updates on our discord. Too much to list here.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:32 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Personally, I do not like it when everything is oversimplified. After all, that's Everquest and not WoW. Beside this, great work.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:29 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

THE CURSED ISLE

- Talk to the NPC in New Sarith Inner City - Redfeather Refuge
- New custom level 50 zone
- New armor sets
- New augments
- New quests
- 3 New Heart Pounding Bosses for elite players.

Hundreds of other updates since I last posted. Join our discord for more info.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:50 PM
runicNomad
Fire Beetle

On the positive side of things this server with the Tides system and the pet system is a new innovative approach to EQ. There does need to be some balancing but incremental upgrades have a two fold benefit with the incorporation of Tides. Pets are amazing and super powerful so this is where you can go into old school zones and have a good solo experience.

deleting this part because it is fixed and there is no more spam and I am a happy boy!

The overall new design approach with Tides and Pets are awesome.
The other really awesome addition is that classes have access to a full range of spells from all class selection. this really creates a way in which a character can be tweaked to a particular style. Each class still has a bonus/affinity for certain realms of magic but all classes as far as I have seen get access to all magics.

Last edited by runicNomad; 04-10-2019 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: awesome server change
Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
On the positive side of things this server with the Tides system and the pet system is a new innovative approach to EQ. There does need to be some balancing but incremental upgrades have a two fold benefit with the incorporation of Tides. Pets are amazing and super powerful so this is where you can go into old school zones and have a good solo experience.

The blaring negative side is the spam every 5 minutes you are in a zone. So pretty much if your inspecting augments or trying to figure out gears or strategies or crafting or anything that requires attention you will be disrupted every 5 minutes with a message that you got a lottery ticket. For some people it does not seem to bother them. However if I got into OOC global channel and repeated the same message every 5 minutes they would tell me to shut up and quit spamming. This kind of spam really needs an on/off switch. It is absolutely abysmal and I cant get deep into anything without a message center screen in big yellow text every bloody 5 minutes.

Please man move the message down to the bottom at least or allow for a toggle. It is spam regardless of the fact it's about a lottery ticket that can net you a bunch of plat.

The overall new design approach with Tides and Pets are awesome. However the spam message and lottery tickets incentivizes afk (which maybe intentional to boost numbers) and creates a much more gambling centric environment rather than an EQ one.

I e-mailed you back, not sure if you got that or not. Patience is virtue. I didn't forget about it.

NOTIFICATIONS AND FANTASY IMMERSION - UPDATE 04/10

- The pop up message for tickets on the center of the screen has been removed for roleplayers.
- This change will require zoning into an empty zone for it to take effect without a server restart.
- Players will still get a message box notification every time they get a ticket.
- AA will still display on the center of your screen.
- Messages from NPCs will still display on the center of your screen.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 PM
runicNomad
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I e-mailed you back, not sure if you got that or not. Patience is virtue. I didn't forget about it.

NOTIFICATIONS AND FANTASY IMMERSION - UPDATE 04/10

- The pop up message for tickets on the center of the screen has been removed for roleplayers.
- This change will require zoning into an empty zone for it to take effect without a server restart.
- Players will still get a message box notification every time they get a ticket.
- AA will still display on the center of your screen.
- Messages from NPCs will still display on the center of your screen.
Thank you and yah missed email... thanks for the actual quick fix... it was driving me insane... respect
Old 04-14-2019, 09:40 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

This server is fantastic. It has a great balance of difficulty and challenge. With Drakiyths creative ideas and the addition of Ceyx the server this server is a real contender in the custom category.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:02 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

EDITED: The stress test was not very positive. Still working on the lag part.