Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-21-2002, 01:59 PM
madborg
Banned

Default status of 0.2.0 build

First, absolutely great. This is really milestone achievement to be able to use SoL with none of the patch files.

I also have been zoning all over the place and have
NOT CRASHED ONCE. The zoning is as smooth and as fast as I expected. I am sure it will get rougher when I load up mobs but for right now it very nice.

Two pluses:

-the skybox problem from 0.1.9 gets automatically fixed because the right file is in the SoL version -- although could still be a problem for nonSoL users.

-these coordinate rooms are not a problem. For example in great divide I could never get out of the room. This time I went to 3 different coord rooms and in each case I was able to #goto out just by reversing the xy in the coordinate description. I am free and running around naked in the greatdivide snow.

Looting lock up. I still haven't been able to reproduce it. Doesn't mean it is fixed, but it is a good sign.

Zone death. Haven't tried anything specific for this.

Now of course the more difficult part was the actual setup even though there was less to actually do. I still don't understand the complete logic of the login server and the accounts. Plus there still is a need for private servers, but to not require that eqmain.dll be deleted or anything like that. Some people, including myself, don't want to connect to anyone's network.