Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:13 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

WAAAY more than we needed to know I think haha...

Anyhow, I agree, EQemu's IRC channel is very good.. I would recommend it to anyone..

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-23-2004, 04:22 PM
RexChaos
Dragon

In all seriousness, I'll check it out. I haven't been on IRC in ...geez...maybe 7 years? Haha... I'll figure out how to set it up through Trillian and I'll say hi.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:36 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Check out MIRC. It is pretty straight forward and nice to use...
and FREE... woot.

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-26-2004, 04:46 AM
kman
Fire Beetle

Have an idea and i am not sure if it has been brought up but....
Maybe there is a way we can use Seq to 'record' the pathings that each of the mobs take. Maybe we can use this to automatically populate the pathing for each spawn. There is probably more to it but just a thought.

I assume a waypoint could be any point where the mob pauses, spawns, turns ect.

I am not sure how many people use seq but they have a very nice version for windows now called MySeq.

http://www.rexpage.com/myseq/forum/

There is a server and client that you need to download. The server runs where the eqclient is and the client can run on either the same machine or different one.

This program displays an overhead map view showing all the spawns and what direction they are moving, level visible weapons.
Hitpoint Percent ect.

This version is based on Seq. Which is a linux version. The linux version requires you to have linux (hehe obvious), a hub ( not s switch because it does not broadcast packets to all ports). and some patience.

Just get the windows version. I will look at the code to see if i can figure out a way to dump locs of the path to a text file.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Monrezz
Dragon

Sandy's eqbuilder does this. It analyzes log files and converts them into sql format so you can source into the database.

kRPG Profile