Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:35 PM
blake189
Fire Beetle

Default !?! i get the EQgame has caused an error WTF IS GOING ON !?!

when i connect to the server i get a message saying "we are sorry EQgame has caused an error and needs to close" HOW DO I FIX THIS!?!?!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Gunrah
Fire Beetle

I have same error. can some1 help?
Old 07-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Charmy
Discordant

There are so many different possiblilties for this its sad, Eqgame.exe crashing, i will give you 3 that i can think of.

1. zone_chr.txt isn't formatted correctly - This crahes people on EQA all the time becuase we sometimes forget after adding models to the chr.txt files to change the model count, and it can crash you, or if you try to load a model that doesn't exist
2. corrupt s3d files (zone, equipment, character, etc..)
3. corrput Directx drivers, although eq shoudln't even start in this case, nor should... alot of other stuff. but eh.. its possible
4. ok so 4 i can think of -- If you are running eq in the windowed form some computers crash if they are older or don't have enough ram. to run in windowed just use eqw, (thats eqwindows for those who don't know)

I am sure there are countless more possible errors, but i am too dense to think of any right now.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 07-09-2004, 10:34 AM
numadin
Fire Beetle

I have this same error and can't get past it. This happens to me as soon as I put in my username/password. I have plenty of ram, so I know that's not the issue. I doubt that I have corrupt Directx drivers. As far as the zone_chr.txt being formatted incorrectly, how can this be solved?

And, is there a way to fix this: "2. corrupt s3d files (zone, equipment, character, etc..) " ?

Thanks for any advice that can help get around this. I am new to the eqemu and am anxious to get started.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Deus
Sarnak

Well you won't be able to run EQEmu anymore, heres what u do,
1.Go to your Everquest Directory
2.Delete EqGame.exe,eqclient.ini,eqmain.dll and EQGFX_Dx8.dll(it may be 9 also, I can't remember that part)
3.Run the NormalEverquest Patcher, it should patch all of the files back, it also may not patch eqclient.ini for some reason.
Then you shouldn' get the error anymore, but beware, you won't be able to run EQEmu anymore.

If it didn't work, try the same steps except delete EQGFX_Dx9.dll
instead of EQGFX_Dx8.dll

this is is the way I got the normal Everquest to work when it threw this error, but I know you're talking about EQEmu so I only said this if you want to run the Normal Everquest