Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-30-2004, 02:12 PM
dorkster7
Fire Beetle

Default Question Eqem for mac?

ummm i couldnt find a place that said this as the subject so i am putting it here. i was just wondering if you ever made or gonna make a EQEM for mac?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Re: Question Eqem for mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkster7
ummm i couldnt find a place that said this as the subject so i am putting it here. i was just wondering if you ever made or gonna make a EQEM for mac?
According to SONY, the developers for EverQuest: Mac left and so its unsupported. The platform for an EQMac would be completely different so, there would not be a version of 5.7-DR6 that is mac-compatible or something like that, if that is what you are looking for.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:37 PM
dorkster7
Fire Beetle

Default thanks

thanks but just hoping guess my dreams might not come true :cry:
Old 08-31-2004, 08:50 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

EQEmu can be used on Mac OSX and above... As it uses FreeBSD as its backbone OS... And because it IS using FreeBSD (unix basically) the Linux emu can be used.. This is all to say it CAN be done... Now how easy is a different matter... You would definately have to enable Linux Binaries (meaning that most things that are Linux specific, can be run on a FreeBSD machine)... check out this page and do some searching around for more information about it... http://www.freebsd.org

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 08-31-2004, 09:06 AM
smogo
Discordant

i'm afraid Mac isn't same byte ordered as x86 linux, and the code was npt repudly safe on this (dixit kathgar a while ago), but oh, well, ...
Old 08-31-2004, 09:34 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Safe? Or stable?????hehe

[off topic] Good to see you again Smogo...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ