Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:28 AM
Lanatir
Fire Beetle

Default Another noob, and prolly an old problem

ok, here i am, i think i did everything needed to do, i patched today, i have an account here, i changed the eqhost.txt file, and still i get an error message saying the connection is timed out. my firewall allows all the necessary traffic, but still, nothing works. What am i doing wrong?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:30 AM
Lanatir
Fire Beetle

oh, and btw. i set the eqhost.txt to readonly, but the patcher still always changes it back somehow.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
chaskoriz21
Fire Beetle

if it is changing your eqhost.txt file, make it read-me only.

you can do this by going to the file itself, right mouse clicking on it, going to properties and click on read-me only. that way it won't edit it anymore.

hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Lanatir
Fire Beetle

hehe, i did that, but that wasnt it. on login i typed my username with a capital first letter, and obviously the login didnt like that. with all small letters it worked all fine. thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Since1874
Fire Beetle

Does your shortcut go to everquest.exe or eqgame.exe? I still can't login, but I am using eqgame.exe and it doesn't even open the patcher, and thus does not override my eqhost.txt file.

Hope that helps,

-since