Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Smedy
Sarnak

Great news!! Im soo happy to hear this!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
joedan
Sarnak

Any more info?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

got a few Q's dont really want to look throuugh all the pages sorry but

Will this server have the "Noob" armor quests?

The dmg cap on weapons will it be old school like at lvl 20 dmg cap is off instead of like 35 like it is now in live?

Also will you be able to "Bind" yourself in the server? at a soulbinder or off a player's Spell: Bind Affiny?

Thanks these are very important to me
Old 08-26-2006, 06:33 AM
craig069
Fire Beetle

Default tease !!!

Remove another article of clothing, already !!!

(to those curious, no, I'm not meaning that literally.)
Old 08-27-2006, 02:57 PM
joedan
Sarnak

Did he disappear again? :o
Old 08-27-2006, 07:04 PM
klamath
Sarnak

I have not gone just trying to avoid the thread a little why we get work cracked on. i don't want all any eta's and stuff yet. the thread was open to post your suggestions and what you would like to see in the server. We are not ready to give out an ETA yet.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Smedy
Sarnak

woah, that problems gotta be huge, hope you guys get it solved
Old 08-28-2006, 05:54 AM
craig069
Fire Beetle

Default on xp gain

I'm just curious as to people's preference to having such high xp gain that they're 50 inside of a week, 2 tops.

a) doesn't that make the vast majority of the world pointless to be in?

b) I've seen the arguments, "i don't want to wait for months for people to be lvl 50 to PvP with..." and "we all have leveled up several characters to max levels already, so don't want to repeat the process..." . In response to that, why even have leveling at all then, just start a server with 4 zones that drop all the crazy loot you want, and make everyone the max level at character creation so everyone can pvp at once, and everyone will be in a 4 zone radius.

I just don't get the point of having a huge world with all the available zones, that are mostly going to be filled with green mobs you don't pay attention to, hell you probably won't go into those zones at all.

PvP if fought throughout the entire leveling process makes the server that more interesting and fun. Where leveling (and the mobs) are as hard as in original EQ, then PvP deaths are agonizing, create deep emnities, etc.... PvP deaths on a server where it takes 10 mob kills to get a level and a half don't matter at all, and people bragging about ganking on such a server seem trivial .....

I'm trying to grasp where a lot of people are coming from here, toss me a bone, please?

(example, I started a necro on sullon zek here, and was level 20 inside of a few hours, and only had to purchase about 8 spells during that timeframe.... wtf !?! ... thats cheezier than Oblivion after you goofed around for half an hour in god mode, transporting yourself to quest targets because you're sick of the long travel times....man did that ruin the game for me)
Old 08-28-2006, 07:22 AM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

long travels are fun they are an adventure in themselves thats what me and my friend did in RZ, id like maybe 1.5 zp gain i dont mind leveling its cool but no gear fresh server? leveling takes Forever...maybe half would not make it so long, but also not may it so easy.

but ya I get what your saying

ill play either way don't matter to me =)
Old 09-01-2006, 04:23 PM
joedan
Sarnak

Any news? Thread has been opened a while
Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Krushbone
Fire Beetle

[QUOTE=craig069]I'm just curious as to people's preference to having such high xp gain that they're 50 inside of a week, 2 tops.

a) doesn't that make the vast majority of the world pointless to be in?

b) I've seen the arguments, "i don't want to wait for months for people to be lvl 50 to PvP with..." and "we all have leveled up several characters to max levels already, so don't want to repeat the process..." . In response to that, why even have leveling at all then, just start a server with 4 zones that drop all the crazy loot you want, and make everyone the max level at character creation so everyone can pvp at once, and everyone will be in a 4 zone radius.

I just don't get the point of having a huge world with all the available zones, that are mostly going to be filled with green mobs you don't pay attention to, hell you probably won't go into those zones at all.

PvP if fought throughout the entire leveling process makes the server that more interesting and fun. Where leveling (and the mobs) are as hard as in original EQ, then PvP deaths are agonizing, create deep emnities, etc.... PvP deaths on a server where it takes 10 mob kills to get a level and a half don't matter at all, and people bragging about ganking on such a server seem trivial .....

I'm trying to grasp where a lot of people are coming from here, toss me a bone, please?

(example, I started a necro on sullon zek here, and was level 20 inside of a few hours, and only had to purchase about 8 spells during that timeframe.... wtf !?! ... thats cheezier than Oblivion [\QUOTE]

A) No, it dosnt make the vast majority of the world to be in pointless.. did you even play eq on a pvp server? There are things called factions, where you raise or decline for killing certain mobs. People on real pvp servers tend to stick to one area as there "home turf" and get max faction there. Secondly, who wants to run around in four zones?! There are so many ways to have interesting pvp all over norrath I think that is just limiting.

B) Four zones? With all the loot you want? No! Then groups of 5 could run in circles and kill anyone trying to level up AKA ruining the game. Even if you enabled some sort of no ganking rules that would still suck. There would be 0 point to even playing this version due to lack of "hunt and chase", no effort to getting items you want (i.e. FBSS, SMR, FBR, JBoots ect.). Thus lowering the ammount of time taken from your character when I kill him and take his items. Alot of the players on sullon zek are old school pvpers, they don't want "deathmatch mode" pvp like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars! That type of pointless "don't care if I die" mentality is what drove us away from those games.

Last, you played a necro. The #1 solo class in the game. If you think the game was too easy.. roll a ranger or warrior. Get back to me when you make 50 with one of those non solo class characters k thnx =)
Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default Umm Just Woundering

Umm i was just woudnering. I've been reading up on this thread for a while. and i never did see a link to any website. and i was just woundering if this server ever went up. or if they got a website working yet. some information would be great. this sounds like the best server made. and i would really like to play
Old 09-03-2006, 04:14 PM
mysticalninja
Fire Beetle

Still being working on? God Damn this would wtfpwnomgz.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:04 PM
joedan
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamath
This topic as been reopned. Only 1 thing that means is we are nearly ready.
Any new news? been over 3 weeks now, thought we'd atleast know what's going on by now
Old 09-06-2006, 05:36 PM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default oh well

Oh well. if its as good as they say it is going to be then it is worth the wait. and untell then and even after its release back to zebuxoruk. the server that will always be best in my heart
Closed Thread