Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Loccochris
Fire Beetle

My room is cold as hell without my lil heater aka PC heh. They should make the cases out of acrylic and fill them with cooking oil (doesn't conduct electricity), then stick a mini AC unit directly into the cooking oil which triggers when temp reaches a yellow status. That way if both ac fail at least you can fry your french fries in your PC for some good pc flavor.

Either way, waiting is fine but it might be nice if we can get a backup server somewhere and set a script to get database copied to it daily. Then pull it up and run till server up and copy the newer DB back over.

Find myself playing many single player games recently though so all is good lol.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
81champions
Fire Beetle

Default well hell

got ps3 fer xmas so im aight till it comes back up
so ill begaming at least till the zombies come
Old 01-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Patiently Waiting

I really hope the problem gets sorted soon. I had just gotten my sister back into the game and we were really having fun. I gave her all my prized gear I have treasured for years. Didnt need it with bazaar finally working. Im finally set up with some decent gear and this has to happen. Ive played a little on Irreverent and thats been a little fun but it sure isnt home.

Heres a song to show ya how I feel about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPh_8Dxl3E
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Gonner
Fire Beetle

Reminds me of Richie Truxillo that made some corny music like the songs "EQ Obsessed", "Servers are down again" and "If I Had A Billion Platinum". Though at this time the Servers down again is what came to mind.

http://www.last.fm/music/Richie+Truxillo
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Korpen
Fire Beetle

Shame to see it down, I aswell are a returning player and heard some great things about this server, very eager to try it. But i bet its worth the wait.

Used to play back from Kunark up to when LDoN came out, that expansion just didnt do it for me.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Ddealer
Fire Beetle

I too have tried all different trypes of servers in the mean time and none compare to Grand Creation.
Can't wait till it comes back up!
Hope we all don't have to wait too long, I just got my son into it.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon on Grand CREATION.

Ddealer.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
elation
Sarnak

I've gotten a lot done this past month or so. I'm missing the server less and less to be honest which saddens me. I guess it's the old scenario - time heals all wounds. Anyway...

Everyone is probably thinking it but I guess I'll say it. At what point do we cut our losses and move to a different host? There are lots of folks that will donate to make it happen. Obviously the free route would be best... But if the server is down for such a long time that free even starts to look unappealing... What then?

Concerned PEQer
Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by elation View Post
I've gotten a lot done this past month or so. I'm missing the server less and less to be honest which saddens me. I guess it's the old scenario - time heals all wounds. Anyway...

Everyone is probably thinking it but I guess I'll say it. At what point do we cut our losses and move to a different host? There are lots of folks that will donate to make it happen. Obviously the free route would be best... But if the server is down for such a long time that free even starts to look unappealing... What then?

Concerned PEQer
I think this is just so drawn out downage because someone people are away on vacation and can't do things to make it back up or something
Old 01-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Talisan
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elation View Post
I know that I've been having the same thoughts. Which is sad because I've looked at some other popular servers and they just didn't appeal to me. I'd love to know if this is going to be a regular technical difficulty with this server and as such I should just consider it down and find somewhere else to play.

I guess everyone just has to make that determination for themselves based on how patient they are. =)
Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Back up, just give me some time to get the game server up. With the new mail and chat servers, I have to make some changes to our internal scripts and such.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Back up, just give me some time to get the game server up. With the new mail and chat servers, I have to make some changes to our internal scripts and such.
skjgfijws;'~!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Debacle
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Thanks for the update - keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Kilalee
Fire Beetle

Default peq up

finnaly peq the grand creation is up and running im always trying to find pepole to play with im ma lv 25 ranger named deriikkun send me a message plz if u want to play
Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 PM
PrimerTC
Fire Beetle

w00t! come on, im fighting with my GF and i need something to dooo!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimerTC View Post
w00t! come on, im fighting with my GF and i need something to dooo!!!!
You sir, make me sad. Can someone lock this necro post?
Closed Thread