Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 03-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Armm
Sarnak

Thank you for the information, that is helpful
Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_captain View Post
I'll check it out more tonight, secrets. It was just hard to see the merc specific changes- there seemed to be a lot of unrelated changes in the pull request. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.
Some of it was something I accidentally pushed out, was using visual leak detector to find some of these leaks and eliminate them. That accounted for maybe 2-4 commits which you can ignore.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Armm
Sarnak

Update on chain casting bug..

I happened to log my 66 necro, who did not have a pet out at the time. I noticed the merc did NOT chain cast buffs... strange i thought because every other character had so far. Then i summoned a pet with no buffs... J2 healer merc level 66 starts chain casting virtue on HIMSELF not the pet. Been doing it for 10 minutes now.

Once is get rid of the pet the merc healer stops trying to buff himself.

Even more interesting is i suspended the healer merc, and summoned pet to do some tests.. after i was done with the pet i dismissed the PET, and tried to unsuspend the merc, couldnt do it, nothing happened. After i zoned the merc was out and responsive, but when i picked dismiss, it dismissed him but said " an error created your mercenary" or something very close.

So it would seem it has something to do with pets. I never noticed before because my server is very pet centric(everyone gets one)

Well i made a new char, put him at level 66, hired a j2 healer merc, who castst hand of virt, aura of temp, then chain casts bulwark of vie. There was never a pet cast or present during this process.. im lost.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Armm
Sarnak

Figured out way to create another merc for same char.

Created level 66 j2 healer merc, suspended him while hes trying to chain cast, then try and unsuspend...., nothing happens, i pick dismiss it says it was dismissed even thou it wasnt unsuspended. You get "an error created your mercenary" when you dismiss it. I then bought a new j2 tank merc in same zone, which it gave me... boom, now it shows i have both mercs in database.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Well, I've figured out the chain casting issues. And it involves pets. I like your bug reports. They usually send me to the right place to look.

I have Secret's changes merged into mine, so it might take a little while to test everything. I'll try to get it comitted tonight, however.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Buffing should be fixed.

Secret's fixes are in, so hopefully they will take care of the other issues you are having. If not, please let us know. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Armm
Sarnak

Thank you very much for putting all that in, compiling now, will test this morning.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Armm
Sarnak

Chain cast bug seems to be gone, thanks.

I have not been able to create duplicate mercs yet, not very many on yet.

I have not had any crashes yet, will take some time to see if this happens.

Thanks again, those were showstoppers for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
bad_captain
Developer

To clarify, I didn't commit his fixes for two crashes you listed in your other thread, the one for emotes and the other. I just got the merc ones in, so you might still get those. I just didn't have much time last night and wanted to get those couple of things fixed.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Armm
Sarnak

Ok thanks for info.

I found a few sql errors you may want to correct...

From 2013_03_14_Merc_Spells.sql

Code:
((SELECT merc_spell_list_id FROM merc_spell_lists WHERE class_id = 2 AND proficiency_id = 1), (SELECT id FROM spells_new WHERE name = 'Ethereal Remedy' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1), 8, 0, 59, 60, 6, 0 ),
I think the 8 stands for buff, when it should be 2 for a heal?? This happens throughout all the merc healer ranks.

Pious Remedy has max level of 255?? Pious elixir has maxlevel of 255. Aura of Devotion has max level of 255. All those i THINK should be alot lower max level??

Just trying to pitch in.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Yeah, Ethereal Remedy should be spell type should be 2 for heal, and slot 1.
The others with their max levels:
Pious Remedy 70
Pious Elixir 71
Aura of Devotion 71

Code:
UPDATE merc_spell_list_entries 
SET spell_type = 2, slot = 1
WHERE spell_id = (SELECT id FROM spells_new WHERE name = 'Ethereal Remedy' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1);

SET maxlevel = 70
WHERE spell_id = (SELECT id FROM spells_new WHERE name = 'Pious Remedy' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1);

SET maxlevel = 71
WHERE spell_id = (SELECT id FROM spells_new WHERE name = 'Pious Elixir' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1);

SET maxlevel = 71
WHERE spell_id = (SELECT id FROM spells_new WHERE name = 'Aura of Devotion' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1);
This is untested, but should work.

Good catch.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM
vkrr
Sarnak

is there a way besides cost to restrict merc purchases? I'd prefer players to not have access to a Tier V merc at level 1. Are there any rules in place for this, either flagging Qglobals or level?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Armm
Sarnak

Update-

After i pulled down secrets source around 11:30am CST and built that i hopped into the game ( UCS seems broken after that, says mail key is not right for world.exe).

Bug where develeing after death would cause merc to become unresponsive is gone. The only way i can temporarily get it to become unresponsive is if i die, lost level, and rezz in same zone, and even then after i zone the merc comes back just fine.

Chain casting bug is gone.

Well see on the zone crash stuff.

Pretty much every possible thing i could think of, cant break mercs right now. We will see if players can.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrr View Post
is there a way besides cost to restrict merc purchases? I'd prefer players to not have access to a Tier V merc at level 1. Are there any rules in place for this, either flagging Qglobals or level?
The database allows for a qglobal value to be entered. Currently there aren't any checks in the code for it since the ones from live ( theme completion to unlock specific merc level) aren't coded yet, I don't believe.

It will get put in eventually, but if you want to play around with it, check for where it sends the available merc templates to the client in MercenaryMerchantResponse or whatever.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Armm
Sarnak

Things are getting better. Trying secrets update to fix the one crash in last 20 hours ive had.

Here is a summary of bugs and issues:

Bug - If you die and delevel/rezz in same zone merc unresponsive.

Issue - Healer mercs do not cure themselves or anyone else of anything?
Issue - Healer mercs do not cast healdots, tried enabling it and they cast them but the spells dont heal for anything... weird..
Issue - Tank Mercs dont rest regen

Thanks for all the work!