Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-04-2003, 04:34 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

I noticed an example of this... I made an npc that summons a higher level weapon for newbies when you tell him what your class is. What I have noticed is that the quest works, but in the text portion (if you're not careful)... it smushes all the text in one line (without spaces) so, instead of

Adventureguide_grumblebrunt says, 'The warrior, strong and proud. Be well on your quest'

he says

Adventureguide_grumblebrunt says, 'thewarriorstrongandproud.bewellonyourquest'

The formatting is the picky colprate on this one. From what I can tell, the quests get screwy when you use commas (for some reason). Still, perl is the pwn
Old 12-04-2003, 05:25 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I agree , the strength in perl is that its a known, and doesnt need to be supported, we just have to tweak our interface to it.

Hats off to Eglin for the contribution! Hope to see some more magic from you soon !
Old 12-04-2003, 05:31 AM
Eglin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroeg
I noticed an example of this... I made an npc that summons a higher level weapon for newbies when you tell him what your class is. What I have noticed is that the quest works, but in the text portion (if you're not careful)... it smushes all the text in one line (without spaces) so, instead of

Adventureguide_grumblebrunt says, 'The warrior, strong and proud. Be well on your quest'

he says

Adventureguide_grumblebrunt says, 'thewarriorstrongandproud.bewellonyourquest'

The formatting is the picky colprate on this one. From what I can tell, the quests get screwy when you use commas (for some reason). Still, perl is the pwn :)
I haven't really looked into this yet, but I think it may be a misfeature of the function that sends messages to the client. Every major quest package I've seen uses periods instead of commas, so I presume that it the intended behavior. I'll add it to my list of things to look into.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:34 AM
Eglin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
a 'syntax validitor' would be extremely useful for written perl scripts...
That would be awesome. Being able to emulate the firing of events (complete with exported vars and stuff) would be the shiznit.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Muuss
Dragon

Eglin, do you have written some kind of documentation somewhere (not that i m lazy to search it by myself...) i could use ?

I have a lots of spare time these days, since i can't play on Winter's Roar anymore because of my ##### 56 kbits modem.

Right now, i m modifying the core of the editor to make it more adaptable to future innovations. I could start to work on perl syntax very soon.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Deeiny
Fire Beetle

Im gona feel realy stupid for asking... But does anyone know how to fix a corrupted file... :cry: When ever i trie to download the quest editor it says "Error corrupted file! cannot proced" even when i download it straight into my eqemu folder. was just wandering if someone could help me with this. :|
Old 12-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Deeiny
Fire Beetle

Note:
When i said my eqemu folder i meant a sub folder (or sub directory depending on idea of computers) name Quest editor... (note: name shouldnt matter). It just simply says "error: file is corrupted cannot proced" (changes when computer is restarted...

Well if noone knows what to do thanks and i dont care just somthing extra.
[/u]
Old 12-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Muuss
Dragon

Download the file from that link :

http://cimdev.c2m.univ-st-etienne.fr/vilvert/qe.zip
Old 12-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

The periods were originally intended for the pre 5x quest parser... it couldn't parse commas inside functions or statements. This was when most of those 'quest sets' were constructed. Then the 5.0 quest parser allowed commas, so most quests got changed to use commas.

From what it seems this can be added to compensate in convert.pl , is this correct?
Old 12-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

any updates on a new version of the quest creator?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:30 AM
Muuss
Dragon

Currently uploading 1.2...
1.3 will require lots of work and will be available a little later, let's say in a big week, or perhaps 2
Old 12-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

cool thanks for the updates =)
Old 12-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Muuss
Dragon

in fact, 1.3 will be 1.4, and another 1.3 will be released before :p
featuring : syntax highlighting, sizeable interface, reworked core, and perhaps perl support
Old 12-09-2003, 03:30 AM
Xandyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuss
in fact, 1.3 will be 1.4, and another 1.3 will be released before :p
featuring : syntax highlighting, sizeable interface, reworked core, and perhaps perl support
How about a flashing or block cursor? For some reason the version I downloaded doesn't shown where the cursor is in the script and gets very anoying very fast.

Xandyr
/em sits down to plan universal domination.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Muuss
Dragon

The caret should be visible in the text editor... its not unvalidated, unless i made a mistake somewhere on that version you downloaded (which is ?). i ll check at it.