Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I still have access to live accounts, I made a chanter to level 2 this morning, and made the first pet-
Here's the current "live" status on this;
The "pet go away" command does work and is the only command he has available - I think what happened was, they gave this "pet go away" ability to the chanter when they made it so inv wouldn't affect pet.

Invisiblity does not affect the pet, as he remains regardless (it would be nice to have this optional, for those who are working with "classic" servers.

If I log to character screen and come back, pet stays - but if log out to desktop and comeback after certain time has past, pet will be gone (didn't have time to test how long). so this is on a timer of some sort.
The pet really needs to "poof" when you log out, else the AA (any caster pet) for suspending him will not be needed (currently on EqEmu, you can comeback with a fully equipped pet any time you want).
Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
If I log to character screen and come back, pet stays - but if log out to desktop and comeback after certain time has past, pet will be gone (didn't have time to test how long). so this is on a timer of some sort.
It's 30 minutes for pets and no rent items to go poof after you have logged out. This was to help people that went linkdead often. The only enchanter "pet" to be affected by going invis would be to break a charmed pet.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly View Post
Is the invis part still an issue? (ie, should invis kill pets and break charm?)
Invis/hide will not kill normal pets, however casting it will break Charm. I confirmed it on Live.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:21 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
I still have access to live accounts, I made a
The pet really needs to "poof" when you log out, else the AA (any caster pet) for suspending him will not be needed (currently on EqEmu, you can comeback with a fully equipped pet any time you want).

the Suspend AA has way more usses than that.

Firts of all you can store an extra pet there in case first one dies, you just click the button and whole new armed pet pops out.
Second, on some raids, it was advised (by raid strategy) not to have a pet out untill certain portion of encounter was passed. So when raid leader calls for it- everyone kill or suspend their pet, and once you clear of the area, you resummon/activate pet again

Also, the loging out and suspending are not in anyway connected. Your pet WILL poof even in suspended state if you log out for more than 30 min (atleast on live)

IMHO - there absolutly NO NEED to poof player's pet on logging. Why should pet be resummoned just cuase I log out? It works fine on EQ2 - I only need to resummon only when I level up or when pet dies
Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
The "pet go away" command does work and is the only command he has available - I think what happened was, they gave this "pet go away" ability to the chanter when they made it so inv wouldn't affect pet.

actualy the /go away command existed since day one (or at least since I started playing in October 99)

The pet control WINDOW with the command "go away" exists since the day they added the window- which was when they changed the interface during the Luclin release.

So invis with pets and "go away button" are not really related. I do however do not remeber which come first, but I belive the "no poof on invis" was added way after Luclin, cuase I have this memory in my mind looking at pet controll box, casting invis and seeing my pet slashing itself - and I did not swothed to using Luclin interface until Bazaar was out (it was optional at first, but was requred to operate Bazaar)
Later new interface become mandatory
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM
KLS
Administrator

Alright alright, we can fix the pet go away thing. Invis however is a trickier issue and since go away works for charmed pets I'm not all that concerned at the moment, invis really needs to be revamped anyway.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I seemed like that anyways- I really didn't start a chanter tell a few years later (first played a ranger). I still have my 68 chanter and I know I can still re-summon the fully buffed/equipped pet - the other day I paid a month so I could checkout a few things, and still had the pet (hadn't used in over a year).
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
Alright alright, we can fix the pet go away thing. Invis however is a trickier issue and since go away works for charmed pets I'm not all that concerned at the moment, invis really needs to be revamped anyway.
Hehe! sorry, I'm just bs'ing and pipe-dreaming now. And BTW, thank you very much for all your help and patience.
Thank all you Devs for that matter.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Knightly
Accomplished Programmer

Quote:
Invis/hide will not kill normal pets, however casting it will break Charm. I confirmed it on Live.
Wow, it really has been a while since I played live. Neat that they allow invis now. My necro with his CoS would have loved that.

Quote:
invis really needs to be revamped anyway
I searched the forums for a discussion on this, but didn't really come up with anything. At the office now so I can't look at the code, but how come invis needs to be revamped?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Not its not an issue. Invis should NOT kill pets.. But it SHOULD break charm.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcardX View Post
Not its not an issue. Invis should NOT kill pets.. But it SHOULD break charm.
truly optional IMHO (unless you consider invising with charmed pet an exploit which seriusly affcest game balance) - why not make it into an optional Rule?

the only BIG diffirence betwen charmed pet and normal pet is that charmed pet cannot zone
Old 03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
KLS
Administrator

Meh invis really doesn't work right, it works well enough I guess but it really needs to be put into it's own set of rules.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM
loglos
Sarnak

Quote:
I can't get that to work, can any verify if they can or can't?
Maybe it's my UI ( I always use old one), what UI where you using?
I'm using all the standard stuff. Whatever came with titanium and the latest code and data.

It does work. I have used it repeatedly. I also tried with a beastlord and that worked. Just click "Go Away" on the pet dialog and it goes.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:47 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loglos View Post
I'm using all the standard stuff. Whatever came with titanium and the latest code and data.

It does work. I have used it repeatedly. I also tried with a beastlord and that worked. Just click "Go Away" on the pet dialog and it goes.
The "go away" problem, is enchanter only.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
loglos
Sarnak

Quote:
The "go away" problem, is enchanter only.
Oh. I don't have a problem with any of the pet classes. I've used it with Enc, Bst and Nec with no problem. I don't know why my enc works.