Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-04-2004, 04:52 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Default Re: woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumpas
The problem with the boats is code related as I did the next waypoint after the dock strait out ahead and this i have triple checked. The tcs guys as well as I have noticed the effect with a paused npc.
Well, worst case its a program fix. Not that big of a deal.

Quote:
I have 1 boat done in oot as i said before now im making the one to go the otherway.
Excellent!

Quote:
Question which boat went what direction so I get the names right Stormbreaker, Sirens bane
I'll leave that one to someone else. My memory hasn't been that good since my last birthday....

Quote:
Thank you for the intrest scorp Id really love to see this working
Me too. It will be great to be able to go for boat rides. And for those purists, who don't like the translocators, the option will be there.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default krich is on it :)

I just talked to krich today and he is still fighting the heading bug for us He hasn't found the cause yet but I have confidence he will be able to in time until then we should just continue pathing the boats and ignor the fact that they turn to a strange heading whenever they pause.

He also sais this bug could be responsible for causing mobs to spin funny in combat once in a while.

sugestion to everyone setting up boats get the static boats on both sides of the zones set up before pathing a crusing boat it will save you a headach trying to set up a static boat to match a boat already on a path.

Im going to have to whipe my last few WP's and redo them to dock with my other static boat.

as far as names go on the boats im just gona set them and if there wrong someone can change them : )
Old 01-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default oot complete

Scorpious I have OOT boats done you will need to change grid number and npc id's and such to match with your database most likely but the grids i think are pretty good. I am fine tuning dock distances now.

i havnt touched freeport or BB yet.

EDIT -- Since the boats make that wierd turn on pausing i cant finetune the dock distances so OOT is done as far as i can make it until the code bug is uncoverd.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:50 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Default Re: oot complete

Quote:
Scorpious I have OOT boats done you will need to change grid number and npc id's and such to match with your database most likely but the grids i think are pretty good. I am fine tuning dock distances now.
Great. We need some place to put all these as they come together so everyone can get at them.

Quote:
i havnt touched freeport or BB yet.
Don't forget you need 2 more boat names for the shuttles (fp & bb). This would be the same as the stationary ones in oot...

I once joked about making a ship called the titanic, and having the Z coord go lower with each waypoint until it sank....

Quote:
EDIT -- Since the boats make that wierd turn on pausing i cant finetune the dock distances so OOT is done as far as i can make it until the code bug is uncoverd.
I'm looking at the code. Between Krich and I, you know it will get fixed
Old 01-05-2004, 04:08 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default finishing

Ok ill get BB and Freeport done today as well and fine tune OOT a little more as well.

Also Im going to experiment with speed as I think 0.75 is much too slow for these boats though i could be wrong. as it is it takes about 30+ miniutes to cross the zone each way.

hmm i guess the heading bug is there pause or no pause it just happens very fast without a pause.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:16 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Default Re: finishing

Quote:
Tip> If you remove pauses the boat stays on corrrect heading for finetuning dock distances
Funny you should mention that. It happens to be the area of code I have been looking at. Seems to be sending and extra position update when it pauses..

Quote:
Also Im going to experiment with speed as I think 0.75 is much too slow for these boats though i could be wrong. as it is it takes about 30+ miniutes to cross the zone each way.
Tark said it was wayyy to slow, I think he had it set at 4 or 5 (too fast). You might try 2 or 3. Nice steady pace, doesn't take forever but you can still enjoy the trip. Those were 4.4 speeds and some changes may have ocurred.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:52 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default ack

Scorp on further investigation the heading bug is there no matter if you pause or not :( I really notice it at docks and such could it have somthing to do with proximity to geometry?? or mabe it suffers this effect at all waypoints.

Krich in IRC > "I think the problem is likely a calculation issue or a conversion from int to float issue or a packing the bit field issue."

Hope that helps scorp

Edit OOT is very copleted now all docks and static ships link together nicely (right before the ship makes a funny turn) ships speeds changed to 2

now im working on FP and BB
Old 01-05-2004, 05:25 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Just a note, I have seen NUMEROUS casting issues in the past.. You might want to put some cout statements to sit the heading/speed/etc information out during its path to find out where it's getting screwed up at.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default speed

ship speed of 2 seems a little fast actuly im going to try 1.5 and let you all know how it works also I placed this on line 752 of mob.cpp

cout<<delta_x<<"|"<<delta_y<& lt;"|"<<delta_z<<"|"<<delta_head ing<<"\n";

Was this the corect area it spits out a ton of info when i run a zone but I have no idea what to look for for a problem? Is there any other areas i should ahve a statement like that to compare with? thx for the help. and BB is almost done puttin in the grid for the boat now

Hmm i could be reading this wrong or mabe im not looking at the right values but it seems there is no delta_heading change when the boat does its wierd turn it report delta_heading as 0?

note: could be because whare i placed the cout dosn't seem to be refreshing very quickly
Old 01-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
Just a note, I have seen NUMEROUS casting issues in the past.. You might want to put some cout statements to sit the heading/speed/etc information out during its path to find out where it's getting screwed up at.
Its scary how much we think alike.... I can spam a screen full of debug info faster than anyone else I know. BUT I find the problem because it works
Old 01-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Just had a thought... since we need names for the shuttles, why not name them after devs?

The Trumpcard pulls along side the Stormbreaker and stops.....
Old 01-07-2004, 05:11 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default hahaha

Right now i have the shuttles called "Wielle" and "Legacy" but changing that will be easy.

Ill do it hahaha

(for those that don't know freeport was once called "Wielle" also "The Landing" -- Got to love history )

The "Trumpcard" and "Merth" will be the shuttles in oot lol Merth ill throw some wood elf worshipers on there for you :lol: No Trump your married hahaha
Old 01-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

My wife said elf women dont count !

LOL
Old 01-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default hahaha

hahaha ok ill throw 2 elvs on each boat

A Trumpcard Groupie says ahoy
Old 01-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

WOOHOO!

Too bad she won't agree to a barbarian woman, I dig tall chicks that could beat me in a fair fight....