Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

if you've managed to run any version of EQ on the machine you're having issues with, you've never mentioned it once in this thread, so claiming to have said "I am playing EQ1 just fine right now" is a bit of a stretch.

Quote:
I have not tried older clients as I bought a new computer since playing on EQemu and installed RoF just now.
that indicated to me that you'd never run EQ on the computer you're having issues with. if the new computer doesn't have the directx 9.0c components required to run EQ (which are not included with directx 11, nor are they installed via the steam download), you'll need to install them. it doesn't require a downgrade of your installation of directx, nor will it cause you any issues with your directx. all of that information is located in the links i provided.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 AM
trevius
Developer

If he was running into a DX issue, I think he would get a crash or an error. Just getting a black screen normally indicates a client version issue. For example, he mentioned trying to use RoF to connect to EZ server, but EZ does not have the RoF client enabled yet, so that would cause him to get just a black screen on the RoF client. Storm Haven does have RoF enabled and it works fine, so if you have the correct RoF client that shouldn't happen.

There are a few reasons why you can get the black screen when connecting to a server, which are listed in the FAQ here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...QEmuFAQ#QLinkR

The first thing you should check is your client version per this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ClientVersions

It is possible that Steam updated to a more recant patch of EQ than what we consider "RoF" as far as EQEmu compatibility goes, or maybe you patched it by mistake. I just downloaded a fresh copy of RoF from Steam a few days ago and mine is the correct version still, but they could have changed it since then (though I kinda doubt that).
Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 AM
Daloon
Fire Beetle

Hi, I deleted RoF and installed TItanium and EQemu servers load just fine now, so it was definately an issue with RoF I am sad to say. I wish I knew exactly what was causing it to freeze when using RoF version but I am just unsure. Hopefully it was just a patching issue and others dont have the problem I did. I will give RoF another shot down the line.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon View Post
Hi, I deleted RoF and installed TItanium and EQemu servers load just fine now, so it was definately an issue with RoF I am sad to say.
good troubleshooting

Quote:
I wish I knew exactly what was causing it to freeze when using RoF version but I am just unsure.
I would assume this is your problem
Quote:
I just logged into my retail EQ via Steam with DX11 (ive told you this 20 times). Problem is when I adjust to EQemu host, it freezes.
EQLive is NOT EQEmu RoF. has not been since they patched in January. You did not follow the correct instructions for using the RoF client.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Nydosa
Sarnak

Having same issue - looks like the updated the built date...copied from dbg.txt:

Built Jan 16 2013 16:40:39
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Good thing everyone downloaded it and made a backup right?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

The reason it freezes is server dont allow ROF that your issue lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FievelMousey View Post
The reason it freezes is server dont allow ROF that your issue lol.
No, as already mentioned, the reason it is failing is because the RoF download from Steam was updated to a more recent client version (patch). The current download is not compatible with EQEmu. I have updated my RoF test server to use the new Jan 16th client for RoF instead of the previous one. It works to get in game, but a good number of things are not functional yet. We will have to work out a solution to deal with the Steam updates.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydosa View Post
Having same issue - looks like the updated the built date...copied from dbg.txt:

Built Jan 16 2013 16:40:39
+500dkp and you are a genius. When people download the steam clients and stuff doesn't work it would be nice if they would take a second and check the dbg.txt for the build date.

In the other guys case instead of coming off like a total moron people would have immediately caught the wrong build date and let him know the client was incompatible.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Genamdor
Fire Beetle

[Sat Feb 16 00:04:39 2013]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Feb 11 2013 19:17:05)

Same issue.. ><
Help appreciated

Returning Shaman of Tarew Marr
Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=36104&page=9
Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM
golden79
Fire Beetle

Default Looking to obtain pre jan 16 RoF client

currently, i cannot find any links or posts to obtain the pre jan 16 RoF client, if this is available, can someone please inform me how to obtain it<PLEASE> ? Gladly would donate for a copy.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It is not available.