Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-08-2002, 07:31 AM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

I just loaded that zone up in Ethernalquest and did a #loc which resulted in the following :

955, 2028 ZONE:181

therefore Im assuming that the zone ID is 181. I hope this helps and someone can write a cfg file for it as I used the cfgcollector and it just didnt want to know about me even when running from a dos box under WinXP. The zone looks really cool cant wait till I can get it up and start putting some mobs in it.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:01 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

If it is truely zoneid 181 then you'll have to add it to the source and recompile it. Then you'll also have to add it to the db. For the source it goes in common/ZoneNumbers.h. You should be able to figure it out by looking at the file. For the db you would do the following.
Code:
INSERT INTO zone VALUES ('jaggedpine',NULL,'JaggedPine Forest',0,0,0,0,0,181);
If I missed something I am sorry. I have yet to even test this. It should work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leginyah
I just loaded that zone up in Ethernalquest and did a #loc which resulted in the following :

955, 2028 ZONE:181

therefore Im assuming that the zone ID is 181. I hope this helps and someone can write a cfg file for it as I used the cfgcollector and it just didnt want to know about me even when running from a dos box under WinXP. The zone looks really cool cant wait till I can get it up and start putting some mobs in it.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:33 AM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

**If it is truely zoneid 181 then you'll have to add it to the source and recompile it. Then you'll also have to add it to the db. For the source it goes in common/ZoneNumbers.h. ***

Well I dont have the source Im afraid and I wouldnt have a clue about C anyway. I did hower source it into my DB and tried to get in but it dumps me back out. I do however see just before it does this You have entered Jaggedpine Forrest. Then it just carshes out. Im positive its 181 though.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:41 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

Well considering the last version I used was 3.3.1 and now it is 3.4(buggy) I won't probably put it in and test it. Best thing to do is hope that the devs read this and add it and test it. Then when they release 3.5(XMAS time) you'll have it working.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:14 AM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

lol thanks anyway but guess what. I use mini login and xmas is like tomorrow. It never comes. Downloaded the source now I just gotta go through about 400 cd's and find C. Thank god I kept all my old Uni books . Wil have to try find those somewhere in that pit I call a garage. I do hope the dev team reads this though as they were the ones that originally posted about this.
I almost have this damned zone up and running as well. It works on Ethernalquest and it was so bloody easy to do it wasnt funny. If I could only get that flipping cfg program to run properly I would have had the answer to all our probs with this zone.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:17 AM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

Oh yeah Im on 3.4 now as well forgot to mention. I have an old patch zip somewhere but its like from last year so 3.12 whatever wont work. Might try a couple of things though to get it going. The old version that is.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:18 AM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Oh yeah Im on 3.4 now as well forgot to mention. I have an old patch zip somewhere but its like from last year so 3.3.1 whatever wont work. Might try a couple of things though to get it going. The old version that is.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Lyenu X`Arie
Fire Beetle

Code:
INSERT INTO zone VALUES ("jaggedpine",NULL,"The Jaggedpine Forest",0,0,0,0,0,181);
That is the correct insert to add jaggedpine to your server.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:43 PM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

so to get this zone going u just have to D/L the files with the eq patcher and source this after u have recomplied the necessary files?
Old 07-13-2002, 02:41 PM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

Ok i sourced this in my DB and D/Led the legends files, and it lets me zone into the jaggedpine forest, is it possible to get to the other redone legends zones??
Old 07-13-2002, 07:41 PM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

Morpheus any chance you could upload that recompiled file and a zone cfg file for us poor folk who dont know what the hell we are doing with c++ please. I couldnt get it to compile so I cant zone in.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:42 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

Yes you would just have to know the zoneid number and do the same thing except change the values of shortname and longname to the different zone. I think to get the files if they aren't on regular eq is to patch on the test with everything. That should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus014
Ok i sourced this in my DB and D/Led the legends files, and it lets me zone into the jaggedpine forest, is it possible to get to the other redone legends zones??
Old 07-14-2002, 01:47 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

I couldn't even begin to tell you what exe file he would have to upload to get it to work. I would think it would be the zone.exe file but not sure if you would need both. As for the cfg file, unless someone has packet collector running when they zone into that zone you won't get the cfg file. Also I don't know if the packet collector was updated to the new format. What you could do is take an existing cfg file like qeynos hills and open it up with a hex editor and put in the shortname and longname for jagged pine where it shows qeynos hills.
Quote:
Morpheus any chance you could upload that recompiled file and a zone cfg file for us poor folk who dont know what the hell we are doing with c++ please. I couldnt get it to compile so I cant zone in.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:08 AM
leginyah
Fire Beetle

Using the #zsave command if you are in a zone will save the current zone header to a cfg file according to the commands list in the readme file for eqemu. I know it works as I have saved a couple of them myself when changing the safe coords or the sky colour etc.
I think it is the zone.exe file he would need to upload.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:12 AM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

ah all i did was source the line into my DB and D/L the zone files and it worked fine, I can log into the Jaggedpine zone..