Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:03 AM
boogerific
Sarnak

Shame on you people for the holier-than-thou crapola. Let the guy play the way he wants. You holy server ops don't like to be criticized, so don't treat others the way you don't want to be treated. You get your panties in a bunch over things players say, do, or want, yet you want large server populations, but on your own terms and to hell with player requests if they differ from your own view of what you decide players should have or not have, do or not do. Sometimes you sound like a bunch of spoiled brats who are going take their ball and go home if you don't get your way. Sheesh.

/rant off

^siN, you'll find the kind of server you want if you just try them out. There's something for every kind of player in emu, which I find is a very cool thing. Sometimes I just feel like doing the hack 'n' slash thing , other times I find questing and stuff is fun. The only bummer is that new servers come and go frequently.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

he he, hey you cannot help but to state the facts =P

Look at it like this... kinda lol..

People pay SoE 15 bucks per month for what the legit servers provide for free. As someone said, if they made SoE servers non-legit, they wouldn't make any money.

I think that kinda defines it =P

You are right though, its up to the individual and its the opinion of that individual, I've never knocked that, but I do speak my peace, and do not fault anyone for speaking theirs, even you =P
Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
boogerific
Sarnak

I don't fault people for what they believe or for stating positions or speaking their minds either, in most cases. But in this case the guy was being ganged up on. Sorry if I came on a bit strong.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:13 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Haha

Yeah you may want too avoid my server "Raid Addicts" with probably the slowest exp rate on any of the servers on the list.....

My server is HIGHLY Greuling thats for sure... at least pre 70..

Of course Raid Addicts is also the OLDEST active Eqemu server currently with just over 6 years of work...

Including Thousands of Quests, Couple hundred custom zones and Ring events along with it's nearly 600 custom spells and over 2400 custom items..

Check out the Player Rankings on my site there, Most of those end game players have been working on getting their gear and levels for YEARS...

We also have a Working Thriving Economy with multiple forms of Tender so that you don't HAVE too raid in order too get the good stuff... *but it's reccomended*

Anyway like I said before , Leveling up won't be fast.. Quite the opposite in fact.. But it will be a more WORTHY experience for you in the end..

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 04-09-2008, 12:26 AM
nakamora
Fire Beetle

Ya non legit servers are not as fun i mean its cool seeing what you could have on a normal emu server but nobody plays them so just play the other ones with people on it and its all settled and fun.

Sry for the Bump.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:06 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Of course Raid Addicts is also the OLDEST active Eqemu server currently with just over 6 years of work...
King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org

RA is not the oldest there is at least 2 servers up that are older.

Speaking of, 6 years?? huh?? not counting the years it was down in that are ya??

Been up 2 out of the last 6 years may be a better thing to say -)
Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 PM
LizardNest
Fire Beetle

None of the servers that are non-legit (very fast xp and or gm powers) are high rate. So I guess the answer is none.

Two come to mind but they aren't as highly rated as any of the reccomended servers, they're called: Work in Progress and Freedom server. Maybe there is more but that's all I know.

Try Freedom, its a little more limited but much better.

PS: I'm back to playing legit servers after I tried them out for a day or two.
Use #itemsearch the name of item then use #si itemid, viola you have an item.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Luminarius
Fire Beetle

eqitems.13th-floor.org is the website of choice to use to look up items. use Advanced Search for that. once you find the item, click on Raw in the upper righthand corner and it will show you a bunch of information including Item ID. then just type #si <Item ID> and voila, you have it. certain things don't work though, such as certain clickies whose effects are not in the PEQ database, not sure if focus items work or not, not sure if mod2's work or not, etc.

and using #search is easier than #itemsearch
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
RA is not the oldest there is at least 2 servers up that are older.
Matt, You n00b ... You did not even EXIST on eqemu when I started out.. It was when it was www.eqemu.com.. Remember you were my GM? There are no servers that are ACTIVE currently that out date my project... Unless Krushers comes back that is..

My server was running first with 3.2 binaries before you even came to the project so don't talk shit mmk?

Quote:
Been up 2 out of the last 6 years may be a better thing to say -)
No the server has been up SOLID on a dedicated host for the last 4 years.. The only times that it was down when I was going through my divorce.. (back when you stole my work like the Pirate GM you were..)

King
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
KingMort
Banned

You see Matt , this is when I first came back after my Divorce to the NEW www.eqemulator.net page instead of eqemu.com (My user info not get transferred from old website.) anyway Join Date: 04-27-2004 .. Active over 4 years solid now on the current Raid Addicts.. But I say 6 because I logged 2 years back when it was still www.eqemu.com , 1 of those years being before you even heard of eqemu.. Your constant shit talking about my server is only bringing out the fact that your a Jerk.. And a Condescending Jerk to boot..

When I came back PEQ was NEW and the big thing.. When I had left there was no such thing as PEQ... So if thats who your referring too then you are mistaken..

Also Wiz..No offense but no matter what you say bro.. I remember when you STARTED Winters Roar.. Because a shit ton of my population left to go check it out.. So If that was the other server you were referring too Matt your also mistaken..

King
Old 10-14-2008, 01:41 PM
redneck6869
Fire Beetle

Default hey

are you kidding me man i have been playin morts server 3 1/2 years its the best emulator server i ever found i played alittle PEQ n edge and storm haven but morts server is so addictin from big raids n the most active players n steady players basicly what im sayin im in a guild with 20 people n we play like 14-18hrs a day n we have fun what we are doin n love the other players that come on from diff counties
Old 10-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Dehumanity
Fire Beetle

I can attest to the server being around since atleast 2003/04 im sure i started playing in nov or december 03, so thats atleast 5 years =)
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM
halfalive123
Fire Beetle

Hahaha you've gotta be kidding me matt you honestly are about as dumb as dirt been on KMRA about 5 years now so you really need to not talk trash about what you don't know so go crawl back into your hole and dont come out
Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
trevius
Developer

That is enough.

There is no reason for people to get involved in an obvious dispute between Mattmeck and KingMort. Yes, Mattmeck said some things that touched a nerve on KingMort (even though it took 6 months for him to see the post and reply). He definitely shouldn't have been bringing his issues with KingMort to these forums. Mattmeck has since left the Emu Team and the project completely. I haven't seen/heard from him in months. So, starting drama over something this old is pointless.

I won't pretend to know the details of the history behind Mattmeck's post (and I don't really care to), but I am sure both sides have their own stories. I am sure that if any of Mattmeck's post is true, it is a highly exaggerated version of the truth. KingMort has indeed has his server up with top notch uptimes for years. The people that run it and the people that play on it already know that fact. There is no reason to debate it at this point. And, if this post hadn't been necro'd by KingMort, this would have been long forgotten lol.

I am not locking this thread, because I don't personally think that is the best way to deal with issues. But, there is absolutely no reason to continue to say the same thing over and over.

I don't care what the issue or reason for it is, flaming is by no means allowed on these forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalive123 View Post
Hahaha you've gotta be kidding me matt you honestly are about as dumb as dirt been on KMRA about 5 years now so you really need to not talk trash about what you don't know so go crawl back into your hole and dont come out
So, consider this a warning.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 PM
KingMort
Banned

Your Right Trevius , I apologize, thats a LONG lasting Feud between us hehe..

I try to get involved more with the eqemu community and show my projects potential off and get flamed by him in many posts.. But I should probably just IGNORE it all together..

King