Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-02-2002, 07:56 AM
Ariak
Dragon

I think it would be easier to emulate than EQ, personally.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:56 PM
Ivel
Fire Beetle

w/o going into much detail here, if you have ever looked at the client files for daoc, you will see that it is a very simple game on the client. even more so than UO is.

as for us supplying a copy of DAoC, don't even think about it.

As for added support on building the CoX server, we will never turn down dedicated developers. As you can tell from our website, we have had a couple issues this week, but join our IRC server to learn more about us and where we are heading.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:34 AM
Ariak
Dragon

Default When will the site be back up, again?

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2002, 01:28 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

The only reason why I would play a DAoC emulator is because the 3dengine they used is buyable and you could find it somewhere / or grab from someone somehow.

AKA:
Creating your own areas.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:07 PM
Ivel
Fire Beetle

actually, writing your own nif viewer would be the best way.

I searched high and low of a nif viewer, but could not find one. So, fyck took it upon himself to write one of his own. Right now it takes a fair amount of time just to render a simple object, but as soon as we are done with the inital framework for the server, he will be finishing that piece and will add it to the InsideDAoC app.

btw guys, it is good to see some forum action here regarding CoX, but we do have a forum of our own for this kind of talk:

http://www.coxdev.org/forum/default.asp

hint hint hint.....

i don't to wear out our welcome here. The EQEmu admins have already been nice enough to not flame my ass for posting here to begin with. :-p
Old 08-07-2002, 05:21 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

I think the reason is because its not an eq emulator.

It's always good to see other games being emulated.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:19 AM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

Ariak I used to think pretty highly of you from what you brought to the emu, database wise, but now what are you fukin smoking? going to hackersquest then flaming some guy who is trying to make a decent emu project, come on give him a break!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:46 PM
Ariak
Dragon

Yeah, my page 1 posts were a bit rude.. :(

I realize that a DAOC emulator would be easy to make and I understand why he's posting to us.

My apologies..
Old 08-23-2002, 07:54 AM
Ivel
Fire Beetle

*just found the eqemu.net domain*

np.... shit happens

fyi, we are having a public meeting tonight at 5pm MST.

A public Camelot online eXperience meeting will be held Friday, August 23 at 5pm MST (GMT-7). Many topics will be discussed including CoX server applications, 3rd party development, CoX server structure, scalability, release timeframes, and an open Q&A session where anyone can ask any question of the CoX devs. Please join IRC server: coxdev.mine.nu port: 6667 channel: #CoXDev on Friday, August 23 at 5pm MST (GMT-7).

Thanks
CoX Dev Team
Old 08-25-2002, 03:14 PM
Hardy
Dragon

Sure can't wait till I get my new computer, I will defienatly (damn spelling :p) try this emu out! I will be downloading so much off of KaZaa, LOL. Then I just gotta figure out how to run servers off this ugly computer and work off my new nice spiffy computer. *thinks until brain explodes* ops, no more thinking for me! doh!

My bad......................................

But really, this emu sounds awsome, I hope everything works out great, maybe I can help with some emu's (scary thought) pretty soon, I start Computer Programming classes at college tomorrow. *gulps*
Old 11-20-2002, 08:38 PM
zORN
Fire Beetle

is this project still alive?? the website is gone... ?! :(
Old 11-21-2002, 08:58 AM
aaearon
Fire Beetle

www.coadserver.com/net
Old 01-30-2003, 04:39 AM
Ivel
Fire Beetle

alive and kickin....

in alpha testing now

http://www.coadserver.com

fyi: server is down for maintenance, but the site will be back up shortly
Old 01-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Alpha r0x0r j00! :worship:
Old 01-31-2003, 04:03 AM
Drawde
Dragon

I've never played DAOC (I was intending to buy it now it's come down in price, and try out the
30-day trial, but can't seem to find it in shops) but I've heard good things about it and would certainly
like to try out an emulator for it; I've got a beta version from an old magazine freebie CD, which can
be patched up to the latest version, but I don't know whether this will work with the emulator (it asks for a CD key,
though clicking "OK" without typing the key in will still run the patcher)

From what I've seen on the CoaD forums it seems like that a public version should be
out in a few weeks.
However it looks like this version is similar to the very first HackersQuest EQ emulator,
little more than a world explorer, with no items or spawned NPCs let alone combat or spells.
It could be a very long time before it's anything close to EQEmu in terms of functionality, especially
since it's not open source.
On the other hand, maybe now the basic netcode for login, character creation and movement is done,
adding more advanced features won't take so long?
One good thing about CoaD, again from what I've gathered reading the FAQ and forum, is that the developers are gathering world data for NPC locs, tradeskills etc, so
it will have a fully set up world "out of the box" once the features supporting these are coded in.