Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-28-2002, 06:30 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

If you used a different db name than your current database, did you change db.ini?

You don't run choice, put it inyour system path, or with my files, and just run import {database}

If you have more than 5 or so duplicate entry errors, copy and paste the screen with the errors here.

Also make sure you are using the EQEmu 3.1 or 3.1.1 db.sql While it should work with the other db.sql files, It was tested and designed for that one.

Furinex, more than 5 duplicate entry errors is not normal. The only way I can think of to have lots of them is if your using ariak's db file as db.sql
Old 04-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Ok i tried doing this with the older import and this is the message I see.

"Ready to delete and recreate the db31 database"

I got that from running the older import.bat and typing "import db31" I thought it was supposed to redo the db.sql not redo itself?

With your newer one choice A says. "Make db31 a freshly installed database." so same Q basically I thought this was suposed to redo the db.sql. Or do I make the db31.sql file and then use the mysql.exe then type
use eq
source db31?

Thanks for this help for a dunce of a noob.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

This does not do anything to db.sql. It puts the data directly into the mysql database, eq31 in the examples. dq.sql is unaltered.

Once you have run import eq31 and chosen A the database is done. Edit db.ini to make sure your using the same database you just made (eq31) and start the emu.
Old 04-28-2002, 01:05 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

hehe I think I got it all working well now what I did was ran the bat like this.

import eq

then chose A

Everything seems to be working well now, ( I went to the irc channel for some help also ) As an update for items none of the GM stuff seems wearable by Iksar or Vah Shir yet in the db.

Thanks for the help Lurker and Shin_Noir ( if he reads here at all ) from the irc channel.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:46 PM
bigwangtom
Fire Beetle

I got it working finally but none of the npc's move and they aren't argo to me at all..... Is it suppose to be like that?
Old 04-28-2002, 04:55 PM
Trementar
Fire Beetle

Most likely they are Static NPC's since that's is the easy one's to work on first then they will start with the one's that move once they get the Static one's
Old 04-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Hmm
Discordant

actally all is static even the ones thats supposed to move. theres just no support for movement script currently. it do run when aggroed but otherwise very still.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:46 AM
bigwangtom
Fire Beetle

How can I set the npc's to be argo to me?
Old 04-29-2002, 06:28 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

bigwangtom, See your post in the general eqemu forum.