Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:04 PM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmoTiC View Post
This might not be that helpful Trust, but I had a similar problem when I first setup the bots. Running option 4 wouldn't update the DB. I ended up manually grabbing that SQL file which it's trying to update automatically and sourcing it in manually.

I believe the full path for that file is shown when you try to run option 4 from the updater. So you can grab it from the Git yourself. Then it's just a matter of sourcing the SQL into your DB.

log into MySQL (I do it from the command prompt, from the directory the SQL file is in)
switch to your EQEmu database ( use peq; ) for example
source in the Bot SQL ( source 2015_09_30_bots.sql; )

That worked for me, and the option 4 automatic updates have worked ever since. Just needed to burp it once I guess. =)

Good luck. Hopefully that helps, and is clear enough to get you going.

*edit* Looking over the thread once more the link by Uleat (Post #2), has a link to the file, and pretty clean instructions to manually sourcing the first update.
Thank you for all the responses. I tried following the instructions in the link for manual fix that Uleat provided, but I think it's all just a bit over my head as far as my understanding of sources, gitpull's and all that go. I did my best to manually update it (ran all the query's it instructed to while having PEQ targeted in heidi SQL) but when I logged in they still weren't working, so I'm not sure.

At one point, I simply used AxClassic repack to host my server. I loved that it had a web based UI for editing the server, but found it had many, many issues that were not "live-like".