Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-28-2004, 07:16 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaN
Add "Item'o'Matic" function button ... to random generate items ... sometimes im out of ideas :/
Haha wasn't that a good time in IRC? But probably not gonna happen. :cry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy
drag and drop to copy items or fields
item icons too would be nice, if you want take the icons from my looteditor
=)
Not drag and drop, but you can copy/paste items (see 1.x). Item icons have a dialog box that loads item icons (see 1.x), unless you are talking about in the listbox also, which that would be a most likely no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexen1
Here's my list of suggestions (not demands):

> Guild ID Requirement for Item(s) -IE: You have to be in a certain guild (or have a certain guild ID tagged on you) to equip this item. If possible, I do understand you might have to add a table in DB and add a few things in source but would be cool to see this put into availability.

> Drag and Drop Item(s) Copy

> (Sandy's Idea) Item List Icon(s)

> Self Destruction Mode that deletes all your item from database but you have to type in mysql password/login ect and verify that you want to do this atlease twice. Some people dont know how to use mysql.
(PS: I do, just for the sake of others)

> Availability to set LDoN Point Cost for different types of points such is Miragul and Guk.

Thank you,
Mangoo

-Guild IDs, would have to run that by the devs. If they like it, I have no problem with it.

-See above.

-See above.

-Consider it done.

-Think you can only set 1 price for 1 ldon type. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:46 AM
sandy
Hill Giant

drag and drop is really more intuitive
combine a search window that displays items and your principal window and drag and drop and it will be easier to copy items, with copy and paste it is a pain
=(
Old 05-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Richardo
Banned

Awesome Mangoo, great job on your progress man
Old 05-29-2004, 12:29 PM
ryder911
Hill Giant

Icons displayed in window when you choose them, Sometimes when I choose a icon for item, I click wrong one and dont notice until after I reboot server, then have to go back and fix it.

Great Work Mangoo!
Old 05-29-2004, 05:21 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder911
Icons displayed in window when you choose them, Sometimes when I choose a icon for item, I click wrong one and dont notice until after I reboot server, then have to go back and fix it.

Great Work Mangoo!
Consider it done.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Tangeleno
Sarnak

Is it too late to make a request?

I would like to be able to edit the names of the items in the list.
An example:
MS Excel (Been usin it alot so it's the first thing that came to mind.)
You can double click on a cell and type, instead of having to go up to the formula bar. Might only save a couple of seconds but they add up when making new sets of items for each class.

And a replace function if at all possible. Would be nice to not have to type in "Helm" "Gauntlets" ect ect a bunch of times.

Awsome work Mangoo!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Dspirit
Fire Beetle

Default the last editor

This might have been an isolated bug in the last editor but if you deleted items that were part of a vendor list.(for me anyway) it then bugged the merchant set. so basically when a player tried to SELL items to that vendor it seemed to freeze the L mouse button or locked it some how. what i mean is you could no longer L click things like i said not sure if it was an isolated thing or not just thought i'd mention it before release incase its easily reproducable.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Liscadipesce
Hill Giant

Default Hmm

If you delete an item from the DB and from a vendor list, its your responsibility to delete it from the merchant list, not the item editors...

(Liscadipesce) then how do you expect to run a bot?
(Liscadipesce) It has to be run off of your computer...
(Tajk) ftp? =D
Old 06-02-2004, 11:29 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

sounds like what happens when you have :
item 1: Cloth shirt
item 2: Cloth mantle
item 3: Devn00b's Ban Stick

if you delete item 2 and dont re order the list it can cause some problems.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 06-02-2004, 04:31 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeleno
Is it too late to make a request?

I would like to be able to edit the names of the items in the list.
An example:
MS Excel (Been usin it alot so it's the first thing that came to mind.)
You can double click on a cell and type, instead of having to go up to the formula bar. Might only save a couple of seconds but they add up when making new sets of items for each class.

And a replace function if at all possible. Would be nice to not have to type in "Helm" "Gauntlets" ect ect a bunch of times.

Awsome work Mangoo!
I'll see what I can do .
Old 06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
sanock42
Fire Beetle

Not sure if it's too late for this or if it's too much work, but how about a mode where it doesn't need to connect to a DB at all, but just exports .sql files? A Direct-to-SQL file mode would help a lot with enlisted help, since mySQL can be a hassle sometimes. It's not really necessary, just one of my pipe dreams.
Amazing work on the editor, Mangoo. I don't know what I'd do without it. It's a lifesaver!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
mangoo
Items Master

1.x has saving to .sql and 2.x will also. On a further note, I'm going to add a new file format for 2.x .
Old 06-02-2004, 05:23 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Default Re: the last editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspirit
This might have been an isolated bug in the last editor but if you deleted items that were part of a vendor list.(for me anyway) it then bugged the merchant set. so basically when a player tried to SELL items to that vendor it seemed to freeze the L mouse button or locked it some how. what i mean is you could no longer L click things like i said not sure if it was an isolated thing or not just thought i'd mention it before release incase its easily reproducable.
I'll see what I can do on this issue. If not make it so it fixes the merchantlist to not include the said deleted item and reorder the list. Then at least a warning that the user is about to delete and item that is apart of a merchantlist. Thanks for finding this, should save some people a few headaches.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:42 AM
sanock42
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoo
1.x has saving to .sql and 2.x will also. On a further note, I'm going to add a new file format for 2.x .

Oh, I know it does, and I use it all the time. I was just wondering if 2.0 could get that without needing to connect to a DB at all, thus eliminating the need for a mysql database on said computer.
As I said, it's just a little perk that isn't really necessary. Would just be nice so staff could make items without going through the hassle of installing mysql (which many do, especially if they have dialup to download it with.)
Keep up the good work.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Dspirit
Fire Beetle

Default great

thanks your awesome mangoo. even a simple warning saying your deleting an item from merchant list xxxx would be great that way we don't gotta search through all the merchant lists to figure out which one was effected. other then that i thing its great already so i'm sure the new version will only be better.