Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

yeah I am sorry it wasnt to hard to fix....but what I did doesnt make sense, the first binaries I had same prob as tert so I am testing his now.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

Default hmm

I am sorry this is the first time I have got into the game, and I get either disconnected form the zone server or it says that zone is not available. Is there something I need to do? the zone servers say sleeping when I go in game is that right?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
nilar
Hill Giant

This is a topic for support. Go post this problem under Win32 Server Support.

Nilar Nightwolf- SaltyBoogers Non Legit ServerOp
Ascendra Custom Legit ServerOp
GM-Mgmt Jezebells Everquest Server
Senyen of the Abyss [65 Forest Stalker] Dil's World
Old 03-10-2004, 10:15 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertiary
I'd appreciate some feedback as to whether these are more or less stable than the original ones posted. I've only tested them briefly myself.
Everything seems to work fine but I have found that with your binaries the #npcspawn create and #npcspawn add does not work and for some reason NPCs arnt getting added to the database.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilar
Everything seems to work fine but I have found that with your binaries the #npcspawn create and #npcspawn add does not work and for some reason NPCs arnt getting added to the database.
Thanks for the feedback Nilar. I have never tried these commands under a Dev-C++ compile so there maybe some issues there I need to look at. Perhaps you should remove the link to my binaries for now. I will look into it.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Tertiary, I had some issues with Zone.exe crashing when I started it, was trying to read from an invalid memory address, so I am using Nilar's Zone.exe with your World.exe and EmuSharemem.dell files and it seems to be ok now. Only one issue, when I close world.exe it causes an invalid memory address error and sometimes if someone does something with a zone in game Zone.exe crashes, I will get you the error info asap, just wanted to mention this here. Thanks alot for providing these bins!

Jezebell - 255 Overlord (GM-Impossible)
Old 03-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

you know that sounds like what I my problem is, mine has the memory problem too... hmm but I dont boot my zone.exe I run the boot5zones.bat which is the same in essence but hmm I also have that odd text overlay
Old 03-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

ok, post this "odd text overlay" on the other topic you started and we will get it figured out
Old 03-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebell
Tertiary, I had some issues with Zone.exe crashing when I started it, was trying to read from an invalid memory address, so I am using Nilar's Zone.exe with your World.exe and EmuSharemem.dell files and it seems to be ok now. Only one issue, when I close world.exe it causes an invalid memory address error and sometimes if someone does something with a zone in game Zone.exe crashes, I will get you the error info asap, just wanted to mention this here. Thanks alot for providing these bins!
I have seen the same problem if you shutdown world by clicking on the X in the top right. If you CTRL-C or use the wordshutdown command all seems OK, so I don't think that is a big problem.

For your other problem(s), if you can tell me how to reproduce them I will try and fix them if they are specific to my Dev-C++ binaries. (info on what DB you are using may also be helpful).

I assume Nilar's VS NET 2003 compile doesn't have these bugs ? (or does it have others if you are using a hybrid of both) ?
Old 03-10-2004, 11:07 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

Quote:
I assume Nilar's VS NET 2003 compile doesn't have these bugs ?
Hmm I don't think so. I havn't seen it happen yet but when I ran your binaries I got the error also when closing world and zoneservers. I just assumed it was because the zoneservers lost their connection to the world or something to do with that. It didn't cause any major problems so it didn't seem like a big deal to me

Old 03-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
I have found the reason for this. It is a flaw in the Dev-C++ port that I did (specifically the portable vsnprintf function that I was using does not support floating point parameters, so any call to the MakeAnyLengthString function with %f parameters would fail.

This includes #npcspawn add and probably others. I have taken down the links to my Dev-C++ port of the 5.5DR1 source and binaries until (if) I have a fix. If you already downloaded my binaries, download Nilar's instead (and thanks again to Nilar for finding this problem).
Old 03-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

I am using your World.exe and shamemem and Nilar's Zone.exe because your Zone.exe was crashing when started on my system, everything seems ok and #npcspawn create works fine, only thing is #npcspawn delete crashes the zone. Prolly related to the issue you just mentioned
Old 03-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebell
I am using your World.exe and shamemem and Nilar's Zone.exe because your Zone.exe was crashing when started on my system, everything seems ok and #npcspawn create works fine, only thing is #npcspawn delete crashes the zone. Prolly related to the issue you just mentioned
The #npcspawn command is processed by the zone.exe (zone/npc.cpp in the source) which is why #npcspawn add works if you are using Nilar's zone.exe.

I think the #npcspawn delete crash may be a long standing issue:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11149
Old 03-11-2004, 10:42 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

I've found that #npcspawn delete only seems to work on mobs that have already been sourced into a database. It usually crashes a zone if its used too many times or if you use it on a mob that you #spawned.

Quote:
I have taken down the links to my Dev-C++ port of the 5.5DR1 source and binaries until (if) I have a fix.
If you want to you can still keep your binaries up. I still have a problem in my world.exe with character creation. I have our binaries mixed like jezebell so that character creation works and the #npcspawn commands work. Just a suggestion.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
I've found that #npcspawn delete only seems to work on mobs that have already been sourced into a database. It usually crashes a zone if its used too many times or if you use it on a mob that you #spawned.

If you want to you can still keep your binaries up. I still have a problem in my world.exe with character creation. I have our binaries mixed like jezebell so that character creation works and the #npcspawn commands work. Just a suggestion.
What class/race combinations do you have problems with at character creation with your world.exe? I have VS NET 2003 Professional, so I will recompile with that and post the binaries if they do not have the same problem.