Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Dragamex
Fire Beetle

You are the god of customer service... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :twisted:

Oh, and yeah, I AM THE GOD OF DOS!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

WOULD SOMEONE GET THIS GODDAMN TWITCH OUT OF MY FRIGGIN HAND???
Old 05-06-2003, 09:35 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

I thought you said you read the forums!!

Anyway, you should be able to play if you just install the patcher program slowly, read all of the instructions, install it into your eqemu folder (a copy of everquest you will use for eqemu) and let it patch.

That's all it takes.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Dragamex
Fire Beetle

I did, but if you had read my other posts, you woul've heard me say:

"I am the poster child for CADD (Cyber Attention Dephisate Disorder)"

The 13 cups of coffee I drank to read all the posts didn't help, either...

Old 05-06-2003, 10:45 AM
loudent2
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragamex
I did, but if you had read my other posts, you woul've heard me say:

"I am the poster child for CADD (Cyber Attention Dephisate Disorder)"
Which is just a fancy way of saying you were too lazy to pay attention to what was there.

There is no difference between not reading the forums and clicking the links but ignoring the content. Your problem has been covered many many times in many many posts. Clogging the forums because you want someone to hold your hand is about as selfish as I'm being right now(i.e. clogging the forums to vent my resentment)

Oh well.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Dragamex
Fire Beetle

Someone's being a little too serious...

And besides, I like having my hand held!

Old 05-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Shuffels
Fire Beetle

I am using winxp and it works. i had no problems at all. dunno if u solved ur prob or not, but i used the emu just yesterday... and raided the sleeper :p if course i didnt get anywhere... but neither did he

:twisted:
Old 05-08-2003, 06:06 PM
viroodiemzero
Fire Beetle

So , with what was said about XP and the live server patches, ect, Im curious, cause im about to do an install fresh of EQ onto a winxp comp, Im just wondering, seeings as the thread is up, Should i even bother patching from EQ live to get an up to date patch file list, or should i just run patch from EMU patcher?

(got the impression from previous posts that running live patcher right now, will nuke any chance at loading EMU)
Old 05-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Dreadviao
Fire Beetle

Default NO SOUP FOR YOU!

well if your going to make such a blatently wrong statement about it not working on win xp then you might as well go to sleep because im running xp and have been for a while....

and you know what I got logged into eqemu and into a random server asap no errors....

so far the only problem ive had after getting the server up and running (on the first try i might add ) that the world seems a bit emm err how to put this empty lol working on that as i type should be fixed soon then ill be ready for friends to come lan on it
Old 05-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Duke_rocks
Fire Beetle

Default fdas

this has been posted a few times. but i keep getting cannot find patchsrv.dat . i chain run the patcher, dont work, i downloaded that fix thing, didnt work. bout at my wits end, i wanna play, but dunno what else to do.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:59 AM
Hardy
Dragon

Quote:
Should i even bother patching from EQ live to get an up to date patch file list, or should i just run patch from EMU patcher?
Yes, patch EQLive fully, and then use the EQEmu patcher.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:41 PM
viroodiemzero
Fire Beetle

Thank you kindly hardy
Old 05-10-2003, 04:13 AM
Burrick
Fire Beetle

Sorry .. I'm an old fart, and come from a time when we had "Dick and Jane" books to learn how to read.

I have returned to the world of EQ only recently. (as in yesterday) I loaded the CD's (all exapansions - excluding POP). I patched it all up to date including LOY files et al.

I copied the Everquest folder and renamed it EqEmu. There I installed the EQEmu patcher. I tried running the patcher several times, and it comes up with an error and the words "Can't find Patchsrv.dat".

Someone here states you "need to run EQLive patch then EQEmu patcher". I have done this and the file patchsrv.dat does not get created anywhere, in the eqemu folder or the everquest folder. When I patched EQLive in the eqemu folde, all that happend was my altered eqhost.txt file got replaced.

I am using EQW and am pointing to the EQEmu folder and get to the server selection screen (at EQEMU) but get error 1017 no matter what server I try to connect to.

I am running Windows XP Pro (which some seem to say is, and other say is not an issue). I have an ADSL connection connected to a Linksys router which connects the remainder of my home network)

Is this router an issue? .. is there some port I should be opening? I am obviously capable of communicating with the login servers.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, including how I am to get this patchsrv.dat file to load or be created in my folder.

How is this eqemu patcher supposed to be involved in running eq? Do I run EQW and have it run c:\...\eqemu\eqemu patcher, instead of eqgame.exe?
Old 05-10-2003, 04:18 AM
Hardy
Dragon

This has been posted a ton of times, and answered a few. They have said that is it your ISP, that is why you get that error, its not downloading all of the files. Someone downloaded it, got that error, he tried numorous times, then he switched over to AOL, and it worked. I am not sure when it will be fixed, but hopefully it will (or can) be.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Burrick
Fire Beetle

I have actually read a "ton" of stuff and observed some of the "answers".

I have set up eqemu to run on one of my computers. I have succesfully run Minilogon.exe, World.exe and the zones.

I connect to the login server from a different computer in my LAN. I log on, and I can see the server select screen with my server. I attempt to connect to that server and I get a "1017" error. Since ALL events are occurring within my own LAN on internal IP's 192.168.1.XXX, I don't see how Telus (my ISP) has interfered in this situation. Although I am more than willing to lay blame for most worldly ills at Telus' door step, they may be innocent in this.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:17 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

That patchsrv.dat file you described - that's downloaded from a site using eqemu patcher. If it doesn't download, there is an ISP problem. You didn't finish the patch.

While this may not seem to affect your internal network, it has everything to do with your 1017 error. Your server requires a version of eqclient that you do not have. Thus, your server will reject you. Patching fails, so you're stuck! It's your ISP. Patch the client on a different ISP. People say AOL works... Might be time to pull a frisbee from the mailbox.