Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-14-2003, 10:47 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

*WE* did NOT program the server to kill you with the required level. It is the client. It is doing weird things.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Kolo
Hill Giant

Thanks for clarification...Keep up the good work, still testing a few things
Old 03-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

We screwed up on skillincreases... offense and defense are the only ones that will work at the moment.... A new skill function was created, and the old one was modified (and alot lost), but we never hooked in the new function.

Should have it fixed in CVS before to long.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Dolenz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by killspree
It's coded that way, yes. Any item you try to equip that has a recommended level on a character below that level will slowly kill you. Or kill you fast if you don't have many hp. :p
I have to wonder if that is what happened to my character on Foreverhacking. If it is what has happened then there is a problem in that as soon as I pop back into the world after death pain and suffering strike me again and I die before I even have a chance to correct the problem so I am stuck in a deathloop.

Also, if you want to prevent people from using these weapons could it not be coded to either just not equip the weapon or flash a text warning in the text box warning the player of the consequences? The deathloop I am in on foreverhacking is so quick I could not even petition it without logging another character on (which in my place means creating a new character)

Since this is my first post I do feel the need to at least end with a "GREAT WORK GUYS". Despite my first posts being in the bugs forum I do really appreciate the effort!
Old 03-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Dolenz
Fire Beetle

I have my own private server going using the minilogin and Telmets databases (waiting for Drawde's newest) and have been playing arond with the Monk character.

When I hit level 5 I trained a point or 2 in round kick and tried to add it to a hotkey and it would not show up as an option. I ignored it and at level 10 I trained a point in Eagle Strike but once again I could not get the option to add it to a hotkey.

Is this something to do with training? Or maybe a problem with the hotkeys?
Old 03-21-2003, 02:41 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

The doors having two clicks has to do with it retrieving in the database the current status of the door (open or closed), the problem is:
1) The door closes after 5 seconds and the db isnt updated
2) The zone shuts down or crashes and the door closes when it was opened.

It will be fixed soon, but its not a really serious bug...
Old 03-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

I am having the same problem as Dolenz.

If you #setallskill 252 or train in one point you still don't get the option in the hotkey window.

Fixit :o
Hehe.

Btw guys - combat is great in emu. Feels almost like EQlive - well done :P

kRPG Profile
Old 03-21-2003, 09:32 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

**SORRY double post**

kRPG Profile
Old 04-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Yoeman
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I have my own private server going using the minilogin and Telmets databases (waiting for Drawde's newest) and have been playing arond with the Monk character.

When I hit level 5 I trained a point or 2 in round kick and tried to add it to a hotkey and it would not show up as an option. I ignored it and at level 10 I trained a point in Eagle Strike but once again I could not get the option to add it to a hotkey.

Is this something to do with training? Or maybe a problem with the hotkeys?
I have the same issue. What we did on our server is a GM has to set your skill to the same as what the level would be. After that you will be able to hotkey it, and it will raise. This was with a 4.4 world btw. We are working on seeing if we can get a "quest" guy to set skills instead of having to have a GM on all the time.

The only problem we have now is it looks like it caps out at 50.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I'm looking at max_skill.h (where skill levels are now defined), ROUND_KICK , EAGLE, TIGER should all only have a max of 200 until 51, then a max of 230.

Those are the skills you're having the problem with , correct?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:14 AM
Yoeman
Fire Beetle

Yea, they are the ones we are having problems with. Minor problems, but just things I noticed. I only got my Monk to level 23 so far as I spend a good portion of my time with him testing things that Lordrac and I make on our server. I used Round kick for a long time to test to see if it would rise, but after 2 levels it didn't budge. I just got Tail Rake <Dragon Punch> and will be playing with that to see if it gets higher than 51.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:50 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I'm guessing theres a flaw in the loop, and it's never making it to the right case for the monk skills...

I'll make a monk tonight and do a little testing and see if I can find it, should be pretty easy to track down... That maxskill condition is a MONSTER though...lol...
Old 04-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I just leveled a monk from 49 skill to 55 or more in round kick and tiger claw, so im not sure if its just an older version you guys are having problems with...
Old 05-16-2003, 09:39 AM
castamist
Fire Beetle

EQwindows has a serious problem I see after trying to download a newest version....

It somehow erases sooooooo many files needed to even log on.
I've dealt with this problem for over 24 hours and it's created a EQ_missing_file.log because it viewed the files missing to be too many to download....

It's also downloaded files in patches for about 3 hours at a time twice.... honest.. i suggest NOT using this file... not until it's promised that the data is fixed!

Email me at castamist@hotmail.com if you have any insight to this terrible bug.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:07 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

eqwindows? When it patches?? Your shortcut is wrong, then. It probably has a "start in" or something that is incorrect.

If you post more info, maybe I can help.