Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris2806
Thats retarded , u say u wanna help us but u cant help people that just need the files ? may aswell not help then
Why don't the people who want to offer files just make their own forum, like an IRC channel or something, instead of whining about why these forum ops won't risk legal action to do so for nothing in return?
For crissakes, it's not that hard to get such a thing to come up in a web search.
Better yet, drive up to california and ask SOE for a copy of the files.

Its WAREZ, Illegal...? hello??
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:06 PM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Quote:
Thats retarded , u say u wanna help us but u cant help people that just need the files ? may aswell not help then
Uh we did help you quite a bit. Everyone is whining how there is no fix but there is. U follow my simple directions it will work.

U say why not help them? Sorry i didnt know spending my time trying to figure out how to fix the problems with graphics then i'm sorry. I wont do it again. If people are gona be so ungrateful of the work other people do then its not really worth it.

We need a fourm for people who contribute to each other instead of this bs where people only get mad because they are too stupid to read the instuctions right and then blame whoever's fix it is for having the wrong information.

Now as far as giving out files it is probly illegal. The only thing that makes me questions weather or nto it is is that eq gives these files out for free if u buy Everquest. I however will not supply these files so dont ask.

... Prepares himself for 10+ more PM's asking for files even though this is the 5th or 6th time in this post that i've said i will not supply files. Your not different from the other 30 people who i've said no to so dont ask.

Quote:
Shouldn't the "uifiles" directory be included in that list of necessary dated file list?
I didnt need to u need it for the Winters Roar correct me if i'm wrong but for 5.7 DR6 U dont need it. The files from Everquest patcher work just fine.

Quote:
eqgame.exe
eqmain.dll
EQGraphicsDX9.dll

I take these files from where? a fresh install? or the updaed ones?
Oh god... My CoE patcher OR the scorpious2k patcher will work.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:32 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Sony and only sony has the rights to distribute any and all everquest client files. yes they give them away for free. Their patcher releases *current* everquest files for download.

But nobody else can give them out, if publicly done here you are very much risking the legality of the entire operation and bye bye emu.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:41 AM
hidetada
Fire Beetle

I don't understand people sometimes. As if they contribute something to this. Are there always going to be people constantly complaining about the fact that they can't play? Does it get annoying for the people who run this operation? I am content with WR. In fact I believe that is all I will play because its different enough for me. I am grateful that I found EQemu and WR. I wish I could contribute but at least it only took me a short time to figure out that if it doesn't work I have to wait. I am one of the 50% that that have tried the WR+Scorpious patch and it didn't work. People need to read. Maybe if some people would they would realize how many people have asked the same questions over and over have gotten the same answers. Honestly I would get tired of it after a while. Good luck with it. I can imagine having to say the same thing over and over ceases to be amusing.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidetada
I don't understand people sometimes. As if they contribute something to this. Are there always going to be people constantly complaining about the fact that they can't play?
Yes.
Quote:
Does it get annoying for the people who run this operation?
Yes.
Quote:
I am content with WR. In fact I believe that is all I will play because its different enough for me. I am grateful that I found EQemu and WR. I wish I could contribute but at least it only took me a short time to figure out that if it doesn't work I have to wait. I am one of the 50% that that have tried the WR+Scorpious patch and it didn't work. People need to read.
It's just n00bs, best to ignore them. Too bad I cant >.&lt;
Quote:
Maybe if some people would they would realize how many people have asked the same questions over and over have gotten the same answers.
It's right on the front page, thats the best they can do.
Quote:
Honestly I would get tired of it after a while.
So do we.
Quote:
Good luck with it. I can imagine having to say the same thing over and over ceases to be amusing.
Yep.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:25 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

btw. does minilogin work with dr6?
Old 08-12-2004, 04:00 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

no
Old 08-19-2004, 03:50 PM
pokitvz
Fire Beetle

So....
is there any possible way to obtain/restore those 3 files in the right state without it being illegal and stuff? because i just freshly installed EQ, and so theres nothing i can do to make it unupdate one level :/
Old 08-19-2004, 06:03 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

nopers
Old 08-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Default Patched today Aug 20, 2004 from Sony

Patched to live today from Sony, used S2K patch bam all 57dr4 up I can connect too atm. I have all expansions thru and including GoD.
Darkwaters
Old 08-20-2004, 03:46 AM
pokitvz
Fire Beetle

Where do i get S2k patch / CoE patch. googled, and cant find them anywhere :(
Old 08-20-2004, 04:03 AM
rizzen04
Hill Giant

Quote:
Where do i get S2k patch / CoE patch. googled, and cant find them anywhere
do a search in the servers forum both of those servers are listed in there with links to their webpages.
If it doesn
Old 08-20-2004, 06:04 AM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Ok, don't 'post' the files on this website. But, could anyone Email me them? And maybe the poor guy who can't spell 'you' also? I'm not sure if this is not allowed either or not, but I know I find DOOM's main files all over the place; So what's the difference? Heh.

YUP I forgot to read page 2 haha, but maybe what I posted up there is still allowed? I doubt it, but I'll keep it anyways for a good laugh.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:30 AM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

errrrrrrrrrrrrg argggggggggggggg uggggggggggggh ooopmmmmffff

There's no link on scorpious2k's site to download his patch! I thought I was supposed to go to his site to get the patch! This is driving me nuts! .... BAH!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:36 AM
omeraltay
Fire Beetle

Default Render effects?

Will it fix this bug im having if i get new /render effects from a person that can log in? I can log in fine but my graphics are messed up. look. SCREEN SHOT of MY Server.

Picture is from http://www.geocities.com/lordaltay2/White.JPG
Uploaded the Screen shot. This all happened when i got stuck in a wall. The skin is pale... for some reason. :&lt;