Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Keggers
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaluga_Dragon View Post
Will check out server when frogs are able be made I set a saying wont break it I never play on server no frog race be made. So I keep watch here to when can make them.
What if you could play old-world frogloks? They only have 3 textures, but don't ruin the aspect of "old world" appeal like the newer ones do ?

If I do add them, they'd be a caster focused race since I apparently didn't make any of those (seriously, most old-world mobs seemed to be focused on being shamanistic in nature or melee brutes!).

ps: Regen fixed
Old 10-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Cfuson
Fire Beetle

Froglok race sounds interesting. Couldent a spectre race be possible as well? i seem to recall a few different spectre models. the normal one from oasis then the one with the white trim.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Keggers
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfuson View Post
Froglok race sounds interesting. Couldent a spectre race be possible as well? i seem to recall a few different spectre models. the normal one from oasis then the one with the white trim.
Only Two textures, and spectres are like undead, they're not really a sentient race :I.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggers View Post
What if you could play old-world frogloks? They only have 3 textures, but don't ruin the aspect of "old world" appeal like the newer ones do ?

If I do add them, they'd be a caster focused race since I apparently didn't make any of those (seriously, most old-world mobs seemed to be focused on being shamanistic in nature or melee brutes!).

ps: Regen fixed
i like the look of new world froggy (thats my preferred race) but guess can live with the fugly ones if have to ;p

nice to hear you got regen fixed !
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Grinum2
Fire Beetle

I normally don't play on classic servers but I admit the monster races are pretty cool. I'll definitely try this out later.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Tabaluga_Dragon
Fire Beetle

Nah hate old world look like new look like the white color and I wait to you add them in as I say soon you will.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Keggers
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaluga_Dragon View Post
Nah hate old world look like new look like the white color and I wait to you add them in as I say soon you will.
It really depends how people feel about froglok and Vah`Shir. I can't add Frogs in without the cat people, but both are so far from classic feeling it isn't even funny.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

having kitty & froggy in game does not bother me
Old 11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Keggers
Sarnak

So yea, looking at my "To Do" list for the server while at work, and realize I have quite a bit of work left despite having done tons already lol.

That being said, I'll hopefully open teh server up sometime tomorrow or Sunday for Alpha, and will work on getting a website & forums up for bug reporting etc .

Alpha will be 5x Exp/SkillGains/MoneyDrops ONLY for Alpha. This is so you're not spending months to get to level cap etc .

Need to find those bugs, or quests for post PoP that shouldn't be in etc.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Grinum2
Fire Beetle

Sounds good. Really looking forward to messing with minotaur if you have the monster stuff ready.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Cfuson
Fire Beetle

Yeah for the few of us who got in when it came up for a brief second it was fun, albit buggy because it wasent even alpha stage.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Pogi
Fire Beetle

I like your ideas Keggers, and I am looking forward to the server. I will put some time in and help with the testing when I can.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
merigsby
Fire Beetle

Default cats are classic

lets not forget karra isle, i wanted to play as a kitty since i first went to that place long ago and luclin allowed just that if a kitty cant be a certian class i dont play it
Old 11-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Keggers
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by merigsby View Post
lets not forget karra isle, i wanted to play as a kitty since i first went to that place long ago and luclin allowed just that if a kitty cant be a certian class i dont play it
I may rethink Vah`shir and frogloks. They're just not very classicy :/
Old 11-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggers View Post
I may rethink Vah`shir and frogloks. They're just not very classicy :/
Use the Kerra Isle model along with the classic Froglok model instead!