Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-04-2002, 03:15 AM
btuch
Sarnak

You can always go into your dB and edit your characters location in the character_ table to change his current zone if ya get stuck.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:23 AM
kunta
Sarnak

Here is a work around for the loot bug that I have got to work...

First close the loot box with the X, not the done button

Sit, and Stand back up and it should be fine.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Drawde
Dragon

I occasionally get the "stuck while looting" bug, but the problem I'm referring to is the lack of randomisation.

Sorry to keep going on about this, but is there any chance of these problems being fixed?
Maybe my copy of EQEmu is "jinxed", even though I've reinstalled it and the DB several times, and tried out a number of other third-party DBs instead of mine..
Old 11-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Abemand
Fire Beetle

Default Bug

there is a bug with Bow dosent seem to work cant seem to be able to set points in Pop skills and if i click a right click item more then 3 times fast im unable to loot and look in my Inv and rightclick again then there is another bug whit the guild trainers dosent seem to be able to train in other things then Languages.
ohh yeah and a last thing is the amound of NPCs spawning with the same name in the same place =P

(add on)
dono if this is a bug but im not able to log in to the server selection it keeps giving me a error when i go to that section
so i was thinking it might be somthing with your login server or somthing (i dono shit about programing =P )
Old 11-08-2002, 02:39 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Please note on the new UI you have to click "Done" underneath the loot window and not inventory like it used to be.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:35 AM
Abemand
Fire Beetle

Default i know that

yep yep i know that but it still dosent work
Old 11-08-2002, 10:00 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

I see that loot tables are properly working (I saw lots of drops) and I ran into the 'stuck while looting' bug, I will attempt to fix it.

Figured it out, and fixed
Old 11-08-2002, 04:14 PM
EQEQEQ
Fire Beetle

Default Same problem as Drawde

I just recently got my server up and running. And have gotten most of it figured out. But i notice that loot tables always drop the item in its table closest to "a". they seem to drop based on the 1st letter of the item.

I have used drawde's DB, and created my own. Yet it always does the same thing, max number of drops and all the same based on th 1st letter of all possible items.

I resourced the loot DB's, even cleared them out and made my own from scratch but the same thing happened.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:38 PM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

Default right click items

i dont know if this is a bug in the client (EQGAME.EXE) or the server, but try this:

get an item with right click effect, that takes quite a while to cast (not instant). get another item with click-effect.

now cast the first item. while the item is casting, try to cast the 2nd item. most of the time, after the first item finished casting i couldnt cast anything anymore. in the zone logs it didnt even register a try for casting, so thats why the problem "could" be with the client. (i dont have that many clickable items in real eq. so i cant test it :-( )

anyone noticed that before?
Old 11-09-2002, 03:22 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

There is a timer to stop spammers from spamming spells, you should be able to cast it eventually if you keep trying.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:35 AM
killspree
Dragon

I checked last night on a green server. Yes, monsters ARE dropping loot. The problem is; the randomization bug is still there.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:21 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

Default spells

image: i played around with that a little more...

it definitly isnt an antispam countermeasure or anything. i can use jboots (insta cast) hundreds of times if i can click fast enough and my finger doesnt fall off.

one time when i reproduced the "bug" i could #interrupt myself and start casting again.

another time #interrupt didnt do anything.

anyway i'll see if i can find out more
Old 11-09-2002, 06:23 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Not sure what version of the emulator your using but you cannot spam I coded it myself.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:39 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

damn, thats what you get if you assume too much

you're right, i cant cast jboots 100x in a row without your antispam kicking in.

nonetheless there IS some kind of problem. after some fooling around with the items (clicking wildly around) EQ seems to lock up somehow. somehow means: i cant sit down, i cant open the inventory, cant cast any spells (waiting more than a minute and still cant do anything)

i am using 3.11 as server code.

perhaps its related to that loot-stuck-bug that you already fixed??